carli 2.5"spring question

04cr450

Reaction score
Ok so wanting a better ride now with these 325/50 series tires. I currently have a 2.5" ready lift complete kit with track bar relocate bracket. Could I purchase carli 2.5" springs only and replace the stock springs and 2.5" spacers with these springs? I would leave the rest of the ready lift kit on the truck. Thoughts? Thanks in adavance.

Kxc

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat but I have the 3.5" Readylift with the radius a drops and drag link drop . I would need a 1" spacer I suppose to keep the same height.

What are your plans for the rear to soften the ride ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleE44

Reaction score
Yes, assuming the spring provides an exact 2.5" lift like the spacer does. I think someone measured the icon spring once and it was closer to 3". If you're really nit picky, your axle might be off center just a little bit. I don't think a half inch would shift it any noticeable amount to most people though.

One more thing, you might as well do shocks while you're in there. Once you start down the better ride quality road, you're going to want better assuming you have the stock shocks now. For what it's worth, I'm really happy with my Carli commuter Fox 2.0s.

04cr450

Reaction score
Sounds good guys. The rear is fine for me soft enough. I have fox shocks now that come in the Carli kit. I'll order these springs and see what happens. They advertise 2.5" so we will see! Thanks again for the added info

Last edited:

04cr450

Reaction score
Noway does icon springs measure 3"... they are more like 2"... my truck sits a little over 1/2" from my buddies truck with the icon 2.5" leveling kit. Maybe my buddies springs are worn?

Last edited:

TripleE44

Reaction score
Maybe I was thinking backwards or something then. Either way I think you'd be fine. Worst case scenario all you'll need is the adjustable trac bar, but I really doubt it.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat but I have the 3.5" Readylift with the radius a drops and drag link drop . I would need a 1" spacer I suppose to keep the same height.

What are your plans for the rear to soften the ride ?

Those are my exact plans for the front since I have the dreaded front left lean and its pissing me off lol. its 1.5 inches lower on the left than the right...

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
I just got my springs installed.

Icon 2.5", (2) PMF 1/2" spacers on drivers side, 5" Icon leafs in rear. The front is now only 1/2" taller than the rear and it rides like a dream. Still on stock shocks until I find another sale on some Fox 2.0s.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
OUO leveler kit.

I would still need to run something on top of the leveler kit being that I have the 3.5 ready lift installed. Thats why I figured going with a carli 2.5 spring and a 1" pmf spacer. I suppose I could go with the OUO leveler and a 1 inch spacer too. I'm thinking the carli springs would ride nicer than stock however?

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
You still had to install spacers(2- 1/4" correct) on the drivers side to get the front even on both sides?

Yes. I still added the two spacers. The 2.5" Icon coils do not correct the lean by themselves.

Also, I reread what I typed. My front is not higher than the rear. The rear is taller by 1/2"-1". I cant figure out how to edit my other post.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I would still need to run something on top of the leveler kit being that I have the 3.5 ready lift installed. Thats why I figured going with a carli 2.5 spring and a 1" pmf spacer. I suppose I could go with the OUO leveler and a 1 inch spacer too. I'm thinking the carli springs would ride nicer than stock however?

I would do carli 2.5 springs with OUO leveler set to what ever height you need it. Could go from 2.5-5" of lift and anywhere in between you need and still get the improved ride from the carli springs and get the truck sitting right with the levelers

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I would do carli 2.5 springs with OUO leveler set to what ever height you need it. Could go from 2.5-5" of lift and anywhere in between you need and still get the improved ride from the carli springs and get the truck sitting right with the levelers

That truly does seem like the best route!

Snayke

Reaction score
Ice Cream Sammich, could you post pics of your truck? Preferably a side view? Did you remove the stock blocks when you installed the Icon leafs or left them in?
I'm looking at picking up the 5" Icon leafs for my levelled truck but need some rake as I always have some weight in the bed (ratpack, tools ect)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.