carli 2.5"spring question

04cr450

Reaction score
Also I want to add that my truck is literally brand new so the springs may not have been seated /broke in hence my results of leveling the truck out. But hey it can't hurt to try it, cost me 0 dollars lol

marserdesigns

Reaction score
What a night and day difference! But damn the factory leafs are such a buzz kill. Took it out to the dunes this last weekend and huge difference from the stock ride. Tows like a dream too, pumped 50psi in the bags to somewhat clean up the rear sag.
b995ddee853da081f8cb433c8bea1f7b.jpg
4eaf774a792b7cef3584a78398f1f07d.jpg

Kxc

Reaction score
Tried the leaf spring trick and it definitely helped. I didn't have a forklift handy or a heavy weight for the bed but after breaking the shackle bolts loose and jumping around in the bed like an idiot , my driver side lean dropped from 1" to 1/2". I thinks it's the front shackle bolt That cause the problem. It was locked up pretty good in the sleeve that the bolt passes through. Broke a 3/4" drive socket trying to rotate it. Picked up a set of OUO ACLs to level out the rest when I put the Carli coils in next week. Thanks to the guys who recommended the shackle bolts !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
Glad it worked for u! I'm sure people thought I was a retard for stating what I did and that it fixed it.
So I probably didn't need to loosen up the u bolts for the springs but I didn't know what to do other than loosen everything up and "shock " it with some weight. Sounds like the shackle just needs to be loose and let itself
unbind.

Edit : I see I responded to me myself and I.... lol

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
Heat up those bolts, they have some special locktite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.