Carli Lift Advice

louisianashooter

Reaction score
Okay, so I've decided that I want to go with a Carli Lift...I'm now trying to figure out which Pintop kit that I want to go with:
  • 2.5" with 35 or 36 r18 Toyo OC M/T
  • 4.5" with 37x13.50r18 Toyo OC M/T

Can I get some pictures comparing these two combos?

I've created an elaborate cost analysis spreadsheet (won't bore you with that) and a simple Pro's and Con's list...Can you add anything to this? What are your thoughts? This will be going on a 2015 6.7 CC Oxford White.

2.5" Pros
-Fit in more garages
-Truck will have less wind drag
-Ladies can get in easier

2.5" Cons
-Less attractive stance

4.5" Pros
-Looks Amazing
-Little more travel

4.5" Cons
-Worse fuel economy (loss of power)

The Butcher

Reaction score
Go 4.5" and 37s. You won't be disappointed. If ladies are having trouble getting in, get some AMP steps for them. Most people who are on the fence about going with a shorter kit versus a taller kit end up wishing they had gone larger. Kind of like ladies and fake b00bs. They always wish they went bigger.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Both pin top kits white one is 2.5" red is 4.5" both on 35/12.5

image_zps94e7b4c7.jpg

Jomax

Reaction score
Carli 2.5in lift (but it's a coilover, also using 37s.

1417800107790.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Whatever you do, get the full leafs in the rear.

Amazing improvement and worth every penney for ride quality.

I have done both the 2.5 and 4.5 and honestly like the 2.5" better (height wise)

The ride characteristics are pretty much identical but the 2.5 does make getting in and out everyday easier.

Jomax

Reaction score
Love this look. If I was smart I would ditch this big wheel junk and go with this kind of setup.

Lol, bought the setup off this truck(it's Dan at carlis personal truck), the whole kit, plus rims/tires. Was supposed to go on my E99 but it's now going on my 2015.

I rode in the dominator 3.0 and Dans truck. The dominator was softer on the road, but had more body roll. This coilover set up was like a sports car. But I will sacrifice a bit of softness. We'll worth it though!

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Lol, bought the setup off this truck(it's Dan at carlis personal truck), the whole kit, plus rims/tires. Was supposed to go on my E99 but it's now going on my 2015.

I rode in the dominator 3.0 and Dans truck. The dominator was softer on the road, but had more body roll. This coilover set up was like a sports car. But I will sacrifice a bit of softness. We'll worth it though!

Dan is the man when it comes to Product testing. If it wasn't for all his info I would have never started running and selling carli products. Once you ride in their kits you just can't argue they are superior.

Have to love all the suspension travel out of their setups as well!

louisianashooter

Reaction score
Have you looked at any other kits?
Yes I've considered Icon Stage 3 too. Also even thought about ordering the Zone Offroad 4" Radius Arm Lift with full Deavers in the rear and just ordering the Carli valved Pintops...decided fully engineered kit would be the better way to go.

Carli 2.5in lift (but it's a coilover, also using 37s.

1417800107790.jpg
Is your coil adjusted any, for extra height? That looks really good but looks a lot higher than other 2.5"s that I've seen. Must be the front bumper choice and dove'd rear in combination with no running boards.

Whatever you do, get the full leafs in the rear.

Amazing improvement and worth every penney for ride quality.

I have done both the 2.5 and 4.5 and honestly like the 2.5" better (height wise)

The ride characteristics are pretty much identical but the 2.5 does make getting in and out everyday easier.

I plan on getting the full leafs and long travel bags.

louisianashooter

Reaction score
I've found a couple trucks when using Google image search:

This one has 2.5" commuter and it looks high enough for me. But, when I see other trucks with the same lift it doesn't look much more than factory height

IMG_6527_zps638be0c1.jpg

*not my photograph, just borrowing it* :bowfast:

TXAG07

Reaction score
You can do some searching and find that depending on wheel choice, you can also fit some 37s with the 2.5.

For you Pro's and Con's list. I would say that the 2.5" would have less body roll/better cornering due to height. Also, I believe Dan from Carli said this, but the 2.5" actually has more down travel than the 4.5", where the 4.5" has more up travel. Someone might need to check me on that.

Clean-15

Reaction score
3357b5f06a7b8ca47a5648968b2ddb3d.jpg
2.5 inch Pintop with 37 inch yokohamas. Very happy with the height. I scare myself on clover leafs, it corners so damn well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Interested in Carli as well but for your list, 35's and stock will kick you out of 90% of the parkades I have found, so 35s and 2.5 you are done for anyways. I'd be curious on your spreadsheet for fun :p

EDIT: ^^ Dang looks sharp!

Any of you Carli owners tow with the setup as well?

Jomax

Reaction score
Yes I've considered Icon Stage 3 too. Also even thought about ordering the Zone Offroad 4" Radius Arm Lift with full Deavers in the rear and just ordering the Carli valved Pintops...decided fully engineered kit would be the better way to go.

Is your coil adjusted any, for extra height? That looks really good but looks a lot higher than other 2.5"s that I've seen. Must be the front bumper choice and dove'd rear in combination with no running boards.

I plan on getting the full leafs and long travel bags.

Yes, the coils are cranked about an inch, so it's really a 3.5in.

Latest posts

Members online