Carli Lift Advice

KingStroker

Reaction score
I have inbound, the 4.5" lift coils, leaf packs (complete) and Pintop King shocks.

Will my 4.5" track bar drop bracket suffice with this setup? I was thinking bumpsteer would be apparent, but I am currently running the factory pitman arm, so I should be fine with only changing springs and shocks if I am not experiencing any strange ride or steering characteristics, right?

I have, installed currently, a rcx 4.5" lift and I'm trying to salvage as much as possible for the time being.

Thanks in advance,
Zack

NevaEnough

Reaction score
Just an FYI, the long travel airbags won't fit on 2.5"s of lift.

For you guys thinking about the backcountry or performance, I'd spend the extra dough and get the Pintops. You will wish you had if you don't. I constantly see guys trying to sell their back country shocks for Pintops.

JOMAX, I can't wait to see your finished product. Can you post some pics of the shocks before install? I didn't realize Dan was running 3.0's in the rear. Makes me want to get coilovers with bypass.

Jomax

Reaction score
Just an FYI, the long travel airbags won't fit on 2.5"s of lift.

For you guys thinking about the backcountry or performance, I'd spend the extra dough and get the Pintops. You will wish you had if you don't. I constantly see guys trying to sell their back country shocks for Pintops.

JOMAX, I can't wait to see your finished product. Can you post some pics of the shocks before install? I didn't realize Dan was running 3.0's in the rear. Makes me want to get coilovers with bypass.

It's getting installed on the 20th. Shocks are at the shop, but I'll take tons of pics during the install. Rear shocks are really a 2.5 with bypass tubes from a 3.0.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Great thread!

I sat on the phone with Tommy @ 8 Lug, and I also communicated with Sage from CARLI via email, and we finally concluded that I would be best suited with the Carli 2.5" Pintop WITH full Deaver springs, Carli steering stabilizer and front diff guard. To add to package, I also opted for a set of Dynatrac ball joints, brand new model Warn Premium hubs (in powder coated black), and some EBC brakes/rotors with stainless lines.

Out of all of the hours that I spent reviewing the many leveling kits available and listening to the valuable suggestions/advice from all of the current customers, I chose the Carli system mentioned above. I only wanted to spend my money ONCE and I heard that this Carli package is hands down the most comfortable riding and performing of all the premium leveling systems.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Great to see another local-ish member. Post up a pic of your truck, I occasionally go to Lake Charles.

On topic, here's another member's truck(can't remember Colton's screen name). 4.5" coilover kit with 22x12s I believe and 37s

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434158366.995795.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434158393.507902.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434158404.264089.jpg

It's a tough call imo. My truck looks good(to me) at 2.5" and I think it's the most practical option(can fit in some parking garages). And even at this height, my friends bellyache about how "high" it is(no steps). But at the same time, I love how Colton's truck looks and would probably do the same setup as him, with amp steps, if I could.

Jomax

Reaction score
I'm running carlis 2.5in lift coilover setup and love the hight. Wouldn't really want it any higher.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

miscott

Reaction score
Here is mine Carli 2.5" Fox commuter setup. Night and day over stock. Rode in our work truck which is a 08 F-250 on the freeway and it almost shook the fillings out of my teeth. Most offroading I do is driving on the sand a little at the dunes.
2015-06-13%2006.23.23.jpg

2015-06-13%2006.21.36.jpg

2015-06-13%2006.22.24.jpg

Notneb

Reaction score
Go to my profile, go to my threads, go to the Carli 2.5 thread. The most pics and info on that setup you won't find anywhere else ;) Should answer most your questions. Feel free to pm me if you have questions!

Notneb

Reaction score
Oh and Jomax, we need to meet up so I can see what your setup rides like!

Jomax

Reaction score
Oh and Jomax, we need to meet up so I can see what your setup rides like!

Well.. Sold the kit to a friend. He's selling it for 7k if you want it. It's a bargain.

If you want to ride in a stock truck. You can lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Well.. Sold the kit to a friend. He's selling it for 7k if you want it. It's a bargain.

If you want to ride in a stock truck. You can lol

You're killing me! What are you going with next?

Jomax

Reaction score
You're killing me! What are you going with next?

Riding stock, waiting to see the 3.0 coil overs bypass kit sage is putting on his truck and go from there.

The 6.7 won't get a kit for a long time. I fixed my old 7.3. It has a 2007 axle. So whatever kit I buy, it'll be going on that. Getting a roll cage in it aswell.

Notneb

Reaction score
Do you have a build thread on the 7.3? I was really hoping Carli would come out with a 3.5 system for Ford like they have for Dodge... You're really a fan of coilovers aren't you :p

Jomax

Reaction score
Do you have a build thread on the 7.3? I was really hoping Carli would come out with a 3.5 system for Ford like they have for Dodge... You're really a fan of coilovers aren't you :p

Never made a build thread yet lol. Need too though..

Did you see the new vid DAN has of his kit?

I like coil overs for how they handle. Little lean vs coils. Plus I like bypasses.

BUT, I really like Dans kit.

Notneb

Reaction score
Never made a build thread yet lol. Need too though..

Did you see the new vid DAN has of his kit?

I like coil overs for how they handle. Little lean vs coils. Plus I like bypasses.

BUT, I really like Dans kit.

Nope, need to go peek at it, lol. I would go with coilovers if it was going to be my daily but I just really want to see what one of these 6.7's will do off road. And when the new 5.0 tt raptor comes out *oh god please let it come out* It would be fun to do a thread comparing the two :p

Latest posts

Members online