Carrillo / R&R Connecting Rods

Rubenk

Reaction score
Pistons are a given, but the aftermarket seems to have them squared away as well.

Reaction score
Dang, didnt realize the aftermarket rods were holding up THAT well. Whats the weak link then? Block, crank? Head gaskets?

Nobody has bent a billet rod (r&r or carrillo) in a 6.0/6.4/6.7 powerstroke from too much power.. But we have yet to really crack 1500. Dodges and d-maxes are making 2000+ on fuel.

Lifters and Pistons imo

In stock form. Not aftermarket.

There's forged Pistons. Valvetrain and headflow are the weak link

Valvetrain really isn't that bad. But there are shortcomings in stock form. I have yet to break anything in my 6.4 running 5500+ rpm.

Lifters and oil pump are my main concerns.

Honesty with a new set of lifters and a good billet cam I have zero worries. Maybe not 200k mile setup. But still good for the life of any modified vehicle.

Oil pump doesn't seem to be an issue on the 6.4 if it's balanced right, and doesn't have a fluidamper... 6.0 is a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What is the deal with rcd/r and r using forged h beams versus hypermax (sp) using forged I beams? I read above no one has failed an rcd/r and r (whoever makes them) h beam? I called both and the r and r units are the only rods lighter than factory, and hfypermaxes are actually heaviee, but maybe a result in an increase of strength and material? Any one with actual reviews of r and r slash rcd h beams? They look sexy.. also what's the power limit of the stock pistons(?? 6.0

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Unless you are planning to build the most powerful powerstroke to date why would you select the heavier rods?

The best review is what Morgan just said above, no one has bent an R&R or Carrillo and he has built many competition engines

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Unless you are planning to build the most powerful powerstroke to date why would you select the heavier rods?

The best review is what Morgan just said above, no one has bent an R&R or Carrillo and he has built many competition engines

Agreed. My Carrillos withheld 1365.00 like it was nobodys business. 150+ PSI backpressure. Not ideal, but they are PERFECT.

No point in going any farther. Why fix what isnt broken (literally)

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed. My Carrillos withheld 1365.00 like it was nobodys business. 150+ PSI backpressure. Not ideal, but they are PERFECT.

No point in going any farther. Why fix what isnt broken (literally)

where did you dyno 1365 ?

Reaction score
Carrillo / R&amp;R Connecting Rods

Moral of the story. Buy whatever rod whether it be R&R or Carrillo. Your going to be fine with either unit. Buy from a vendor here and support who supports this site. It can be Midwest, RCD, No-limit etc...

Try to break it. I don't think anyone has anything to worry about with a powerstroke. The rods are short and no one is even coming close to the power level that would be required to bend or break them. If you do then you'll be the first ever to make that power. For anyone who is not going for 2000hp your 100% fine with any quality rod on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online