CCV Mod

Cratos

Reaction score
I would hope farther back, the DP get pretty hot when your towing up a grade :)maybe some sort of slipover the vents in the TP ??

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I'm working on a Venturi kit as we speak. I have the mpd CCv kit which is awesome , but the atmosphere is pretty hazy out the drivers rear .

LOL you guys are not lying. I have a constant haze coming up between my cab and bed. The truck pumps it out hard haha

Buck1

Reaction score
Installed MPD kit today. Very nice stuff. Just did plastic cap on intake, next time it's off, I want to remove nipple and install a freeze plug.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Spindrift

Reaction score
I recall someone saying that the 6.7 slobbers quite a bit. I have no idea why that would naturally be the case since I believe bad seals and rings would be the contributing factors.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Keystone style piston rings shrink substantially with little heat. As in under 350 degrees F. By design.

Spindrift

Reaction score
Can I assume that is the type in our trucks? What's the purpose of a shrinking ring?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Can I assume that is the type in our trucks? What's the purpose of a shrinking ring?

It enhances long ring life in an engine. Were as rings used to wear faster. This style ring responds to basically two things. Heat and pressure. The more heat and pressure. The tighter the seal. It helps alot with cylinder wall wear when a diesel engine is idling. Allowing the fuel on the walls to be washed down with oil to keep things lubed.

In a nutshell

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If the haze bothers you it is fairly easy to weld a 3/4 stub pipe into the exhaust at an angle. Then attach the hosefrom the ccv vent to the stub.
The capillary action will create light suction on the crankcase and the heat will remove the haze.
I have done this on several trucks and it was simple and worked excellent.

I think it will also help in racing applications where rpm is higher. Less crankcase pressure will improve piston speed.
This is common on drag racing setups in the gasoline world. google "crankcase evacuation"

Last edited:

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
If the haze bothers you it is fairly easy to weld a 3/4 stub pipe into the exhaust at an angle. Then attach the hosefrom the ccv vent to the stub.
The capillary action will create light suction on the crankcase and the heat will remove the haze.
I have done this on several trucks and it was simple and worked excellent.

I think it will also help in racing applications where rpm is higher. Less crankcase pressure will improve piston speed.
This is common on drag racing setups in the gasoline world. google "crankcase evacuation"

I would be careful doing that without extensive knowledge and research. I have heard it can cause serious issues if not done properly.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
45° angle, with a 45° cut on the end of the pipe. The flat end when the pipe is placed at the angle should be facing downstream.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
45° angle, with a 45° cut on the end of the pipe. The flat end when the pipe is placed at the angle should be facing downstream.

Should protrude into the pipe an 1/8 " or so right? When I was around a few bbc guys putting these in their drag cars they exlpained it to me that if it sits in the pipe flush with the inside wall it will create to much vaccum.. the farther you go into the pipe the less the vacuum.

live life full throttle

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Should protrude into the pipe an 1/8 " or so right? When I was around a few bbc guys putting these in their drag cars they exlpained it to me that if it sits in the pipe flush with the inside wall it will create to much vaccum.. the farther you go into the pipe the less the vacuum.

live life full throttle

Depth increases with exhaust pipe diameter. I cannot recall the depth for 4", but I believe it was around 1". Don't hold me to that, I'm not 100% on the depth.

Latest posts

Members online