CDL section?

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Here you can't take the test till you have your med card.

Here in FL, you can test, on everything, but they wont give you your CDL (the actual card) until you provide a med card... I get mine for free, but some folks have to pay for the Dr.'s time, and paper, so I think it's kinda ****ty to make them get that, before they even get a crack at the test...

Dieselgeek

Reaction score
I got my CDL before you were required to show proof of a medical card. Now they are linked to your license (good idea IMO).

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Here in FL, you can test, on everything, but they wont give you your CDL (the actual card) until you provide a med card... I get mine for free, but some folks have to pay for the Dr.'s time, and paper, so I think it's kinda ****ty to make them get that, before they even get a crack at the test...

I know what you're saying Corb, it's messed up that it's like that for those who fail or can't get it like a guy I work with. But work pays for mine.

They wouldn't let me take the test when I first showed up because you couldn't clearly make out the u and l in July on the expiration date, had to come back with a copy from when I first got it.

Last edited:

Demon

Reaction score
In Alberta you have to provide the medical card to the dmv before they will book tour roadtest.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
In Alberta you have to provide the medical card to the dmv before they will book tour roadtest.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah MI wont give a permit until you get your medical card.

7.3 rocket

Reaction score
Why would you get a class B? Unless you just planned on driving trash/dump trucks or buses & never pulling anything bigger than a Uhaul trailer. :confused:

Or bucket trucks at a tree company. We have 3 guys testing for their class Bs tomorrow. One is definitely going to fail the other two stand a chance of passing.

01 blue 7.3

Reaction score
Or bucket trucks at a tree company. We have 3 guys testing for their class Bs tomorrow. One is definitely going to fail the other two stand a chance of passing.

That's all they would give me without a med card. the only difference between cdl A and B is combination test. And since i was already there i just took general knowledge and air brakes.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

abbottfarms

Reaction score
Haven't been on here in a while, guess we still haven't talked the power's that be into giving us our one section out of the site headlines.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Hauling commercially, you would need a class A CDL.

And enough insurance to cover everything.

Hauling commercially, def a CDL. And I would imagine that the GVWR of the 40 ft goose neck is over 10 K, so, a Class A is in order as well. As stated, the only diff is the combination exam. Study "air brake systems" before you test... Even though you tell them that you are not running air brakes, 60% of the combination exam in FL is questions about air brakes... That is why I took it a few times....

Insurance is usually the back breaker... One Million dollars in insurance coverage seems to be the gold standard... And look forward to about 5-6 K a year to cover that....

01 blue 7.3

Reaction score
Passed air brakes test Saturday, now just have to get med card and take combination test.

Dieselgeek

Reaction score
Passed air brakes test Saturday, now just have to get med card and take combination test.

Good work. Glad to see you are getting your class A. Don't limit yourself with your endorsements... If it were me, I'd take the doubles/triples, and tanker tests... You never know when/if you might need them... You are already at the DMV, doesn't cost but a few bucks more to add that to your license. I don't recommend Hazmat unless you need it, but IMO, add all the endorsements you can to your license. I have all of them including hazmat, and it opens up more opportunities if needed in the future. If you have any tests questions/driving questions, just ask.

01 blue 7.3

Reaction score
Good work. Glad to see you are getting your class A. Don't limit yourself with your endorsements... If it were me, I'd take the doubles/triples, and tanker tests... You never know when/if you might need them... You are already at the DMV, doesn't cost but a few bucks more to add that to your license. I don't recommend Hazmat unless you need it, but IMO, add all the endorsements you can to your license. I have all of them including hazmat, and it opens up more opportunities if needed in the future. If you have any tests questions/driving questions, just ask.

I plan to eventually. I now have my class A permit. Now just have to make a trip to the dmv and do the rest.

Latest posts

Members online