cfd 6.7 kit

oneton

Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing about how this kit was a "rushed" job too, and thats why the quality suffered. What a freaking joke! So sorry to the OP and to Dan. Dan, I'm not too far south of CADP, if you ever make it towards Utah let me know so I can come check out your finished product!

on comp d,dan said they had his truck for 5 months.........

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but it's been proven that the rods aren't going to take much more than 500hp. Y'all feed it more air and fuel and are surprised when it pops a rod?

Sux that Ford cheeped out on the rods, but is what it is.

You want to feed it more fuel and air, you'd better spring for a new set of rods first.

01PSD

Reaction score
It didn't throw a rod from the power.. I can almost guarantee that LOL LOL please stop these threads... I don't know how much more craziness I can handle!! LOL I'm dying over here

Dan

Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing about how this kit was a "rushed" job too, and thats why the quality suffered. What a freaking joke! So sorry to the OP and to Dan. Dan, I'm not too far south of CADP, if you ever make it towards Utah let me know so I can come check out your finished product!

Tuning at HS is in the plan so I will be down your way! You should pm me so I can get ahold of you at the time!

I'm sure they rushed it!!

Ray

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but it's been proven that the rods aren't going to take much more than 500hp. Y'all feed it more air and fuel and are surprised when it pops a rod?

You want to feed it more fuel and air, you'd better spring for a new set of rods first.

I never expected the motor to last long I was kinda hoping and expecting more than hours tho this isn't my first motor or even the second this was the 3rd factory motor this truck has had. I'm very hard on my trucks and will admit it before I do anything thing else I will address the motor

BlueOx

Reaction score

I don't think you fully understand the situation here. Nobody is overly upset that he threw a rod, they are upset at the shotty work put into that so called "turbo upgrade kit" that CFD half assed. This is not the first time the "Powerstroke Gods" have done this either. We are all fully aware that the rods on these 6.7s can't handle much more than say 550hp.

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

WHY NOT

Reaction score
although H&S's truck has been running over 600 for quite some time now on 40's. A lot of it is how the power is applied though tuning.

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Tuning at HS is in the plan so I will be down your way! You should pm me so I can get ahold of you at the time!

I'm sure they rushed it!!

Awesome! I spend a decent amount of time in St. George, I will shoot you a PM man!

eharris

Reaction score
Have seen the word spread around Facebook all day today by big diesel pages and companies. Thank goodness the word is getting out to save others.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i overlooked this thread at first because of the other one, they are all starting to run together at this point, same name, same story what a damn shame

First off thanks for coming on here with proof not running your mouth too bad. Posting pictures is more already than CFD would ever do for me. I always pushed them to post pictures of their work. We can all see why they never would.

Anyways welcome to the site, congrats on the new truck and hopefully you can get everything squared away on the old truck

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Not taking up for CFD and I know a lot of you love drama and a bash fest BUT at some point regardless of the vendors serious quality control issues the owner /installer has to be held accountable for the install.

I applaud the OP for stating ALL the facts and not just placing all the blame on the vendor, something some of you should take note,

Carry on.

I agree, some people that have these built trucks really probably shouldnt have them (not saying the op is this person) but sometimes a level of built truck requires the sense and knowledge of the truck that only the person that built it can understand, what to look for or listen for, temperatures that arent normal, boost or back pressure that isnt normal ect

I agree with all points about the OP as well, very cool to tell the whole story

Ray

Reaction score
i overlooked this thread at first because of the other one, they are all starting to run together at this point, same name, same story what a damn shame

First off thanks for coming on here with proof not running your mouth too bad. Posting pictures is more already than CFD would ever do for me. I always pushed them to post pictures of their work. We can all see why they never would.

Anyways welcome to the site, congrats on the new truck and hopefully you can get everything squared away on the old truck

Ill get more pics tomorrow of how it looks finished under the hood and ill take some of all the oil underneath

Latest posts

Members online