Cleaned HFCM, now losing FP

6speedsd

Reaction score
Went ahead and ordered 20ft just to play it safe. Went with a Beans sump....seems to be the favorite overall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Post up some pictures of where you mount it. We put one on my buddies and spent longer trying to figure out where to mount than actually doing it. I wasnt really happy with where it ended up but its his truck... Im gonna be doing one soon and am looking for ideas.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Where is everyone actually putting it? From pics I've seen it looks like they are more towards the front, but I know finding flat spots are limited on these tanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Where is everyone actually putting it? From pics I've seen it looks like they are more towards the front, but I know finding flat spots are limited on these tanks.

Mine is directly under where the factory pickup was. You will actually cut out the circle on the bottom of the tank.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Thats where we were gonna put my buddy's but it seemed the lip on it was just the right size to possibly cause a leak, so we ended up putting it in the back. He has the one bolt one though, the one with the horseshoe may be different.

Which one are you running?

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Thats where we were gonna put my buddy's but it seemed the lip on it was just the right size to possibly cause a leak, so we ended up putting it in the back. He has the one bolt one though, the one with the horseshoe may be different.

Which one are you running?

Beans.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Mine is directly under where the factory pickup was. You will actually cut out the circle on the bottom of the tank.

I thought I saw where someone put it there. I wasn't sure how close to the bottom of the tank the factory pickup came, and if it would cause clearance issues. Do you have a little wiggle room when cutting that circle, or is the sump the same size, and you need to be dead on when drilling the hole?

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I thought I saw where someone put it there. I wasn't sure how close to the bottom of the tank the factory pickup came, and if it would cause clearance issues. Do you have a little wiggle room when cutting that circle, or is the sump the same size, and you need to be dead on when drilling the hole?

You will have to be pretty close to center.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Roger that....thanks for the info.

Being the holidays, most of my stuff won't be here until after the 1st. I think a couple fittings already shipped, but the rest is back ordered until next week.

6speedsd

Reaction score
eeb711e74fa1d7f51d91a51320ea2ecb.jpg

Shouldn't there be a sock or something? That's all that was attached, and nothing else in the tank.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Oh well. Screen was intact. That little rubber plunger looking deal middle of the pic was laying in the tank. Had to take the umbrella off the pickup to get it to clear the sump bolt. But, the sump is in, supply line capped off, and tank back in the truck. Fuel line and other quick connect fitting should be here by end of this week. Waiting on those so I can finish it up.

mandkole

Reaction score
Do you have a vacuum pump to test the old supply line? It would be good to know where the leak was that was aerating the fuel.

6speedsd

Reaction score
I dont. Curiosity wants to know, but I almost just don't care and want this fiasco to be behind me and out of my mind. Lol

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You got any pcs of it installed? Im gonna do this soon and was worried about sealing in the indent where the factory sock is.

Latest posts

Members online