Cold air intake

Nj67

Reaction score
Where are these numbers you speak of found lol. Ive searched no limit in 6.7 and found nothing

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

hudsonbrannon

Reaction score
Well the guy that posted them had other stuff done to his truck but did not really say what. I think Mike might have some #s too, but mine is stock right now so not sure how much difference it's gonna make until I do a tune on it

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well the guy that posted them had other stuff done to his truck but did not really say what. I think Mike might have some #s too, but mine is stock right now so not sure how much difference it's gonna make until I do a tune on it

his was a tune , intake , and exhaust .

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I can attest for the stock intake being restrictive for a 64MM turbo, on the dyno it was 40 hp less with the stock intake. I removed the intake and gained the 39 hp back, and then installed a no limit and had no drop in power leaving the no limit in place.

The stock intake also slows spool up.

maxxedout

Reaction score
Has anyone gone from the S&B intake to a No Limit on a truck with the 64mm VGT? I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading the intake, but haven't gone for it yet. If the truck had the stock intake, I'd be all over a No Limit system... I'm just not convinced there's enough of a performance gain from S&B to No Limit for it to be worth it.

Nj67

Reaction score
Has anyone gone from the S&B intake to a No Limit on a truck with the 64mm VGT? I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading the intake, but haven't gone for it yet. If the truck had the stock intake, I'd be all over a No Limit system... I'm just not convinced there's enough of a performance gain from S&B to No Limit for it to be worth it.
Im in the same boat. Maybe with proper tuning you can see gains over an s&b but i cant justify buying another intake for minimal gains.

maxxedout

Reaction score
Exactly! If I didn't already have the S&B, I'd buy the No Limit... I just don't see the value of going from one CAI to another. I'm sure there would be some difference, but I have a hard time believing that it would be a night vs day change.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I'm going to do everyone a favour and just leave this here....

" I dynoed my truck this past saturday. I am still waiting on the dyno graphs which I will post up later but I wanted to fill everyone in with the results. For the dyno testing we felt that to get the most accurate results we would dyno mikes intake, the afe intake, and then the stock intake.

Here are the peak hp and tq of each intake:

Peak Hp
Stock-442
Afe-444
No Limit-451

Peak Tq
Stock-1027
Afe-1044
No Limit-1058

As you can see the no limit has a pretty good gain over the afe. But what was really impressive was when we started breaking the tq numbers at a given rpm.

At 1600 rpm (Tq)
Stock-386
Afe-448
No Limit-512

At 1700 rpm (Tq)
Stock-515
Afe-571
No Limit-663

At 1800 rpm (Tq)
Stock-693
Afe-748
No Limit-825

At 1900 rpm (Tq)
Stock-872
Afe-931
No Limit-942

NickPic83

Reaction score

" I dynoed my truck this past saturday. I am still waiting on the dyno graphs which I will post up later but I wanted to fill everyone in with the results. For the dyno testing we felt that to get the most accurate results we would dyno mikes intake, the afe intake, and then the stock intake.

Peak Hp
Stock-442
Afe-444
No Limit-451

Peak Tq
Stock-1027
Afe-1044
No Limit-1058

As you can see the no limit has a pretty good gain over the afe. But what was really impressive was when we started breaking the tq numbers at a given rpm.

At 1600 rpm (Tq)
Stock-386
Afe-448
No Limit-512

At 1700 rpm (Tq)
Stock-515
Afe-571
No Limit-663

At 1800 rpm (Tq)
Stock-693
Afe-748
No Limit-825

At 1900 rpm (Tq)
Stock-872
Afe-931
No Limit-942
Thank you!

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Could some answer these questions about the No Limit Intake(s).....

- Does the truck need a tuner to run a Stage 1 or Stage 2 intake?

- Would the ECM trip a code with a Stage 1 or Stage 2 intake?

- Could the Stage 1 intake be upgraded to a Stage 2 intake?

- What's the difference between a Stage 1 and Stage 2 intake?

Billy T.
[email protected]

Nj67

Reaction score

Peak Hp
Stock-442
Afe-444
No Limit-451

Peak Tq
Stock-1027
Afe-1044
No Limit-1058

At 1600 rpm (Tq)
Stock-386
Afe-448
No Limit-512

At 1700 rpm (Tq)
Stock-515
Afe-571
No Limit-663

At 1800 rpm (Tq)
Stock-693
Afe-748
No Limit-825

At 1900 rpm (Tq)
Stock-872
Afe-931
No Limit-942
Great numbers but still not a comparison to s&b.

*BigBlack*

Reaction score
Could some answer these questions about the No Limit Intake(s).....

- Does the truck need a tuner to run a Stage 1 or Stage 2 intake?

- Would the ECM trip a code with a Stage 1 or Stage 2 intake?

- Could the Stage 1 intake be upgraded to a Stage 2 intake?

- What's the difference between a Stage 1 and Stage 2 intake?

Billy T.
[email protected]
I'm not a 100% but I believe these are the answers. I just went from a stage 2 AFE intake to a Stage 2 No Limit.
-It doesn't need a tuner for the stage 1 but does for the stage 2 because the stage 2 trips the maf sensor.
-The stage 1 uses a 4" pipe and the stage 2 uses a 5" pipe. You would have to buy another pipe I believe. Ask Mike(BigrPowr) as he is the manufacturing company.

Nj67

Reaction score
I went from an S&B to this and I can vouch that it makes a very noticeable difference.
I bet it does...im not knocking you or doubting you at all but i need to see it on paper lol. I was under the impression that there was "proof" of the gains over an s&b intake.
How clean does the filter stay regularly ? I run mine with the plastic cover off and im constantly cleaning off my filter wrap

Cheap6.7

Reaction score

I went from AFE 2 to NL 5inch and it helped with dead stop to go spool and cut smoke down. Also I think gave more go at higher speeds.

And whistle is more pronounce ( if you like that )

Latest posts

Members online