compounds..

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
The way im looking at it is say you have two chargers like something a smidge bigger that my 4094r say maybe a 70mm that's perfectly capable of flowing 80lbs/min but you have two and assuming they are exactly the same in every way flow, compressor, turbine, housings ect. You just effectively doubled your flow to 160lbs/min?

Now as for the turbine side I would think along the lines since your secondary charger is giving you a jump on it say for instance 20 psi of boost, most of what would be considered a middle of the road single like above mentioned 70mm should light pretty effectively, we know it would as itself in regular compound setup, it would create huge bp issues but be really snappy, even with a loose housing. Say maybe throw a 1.10 or so housing on two of them with a smaller turbine side i bet the things would really tear it up but you would have to gate them to control them i would think?

Just talking out my a$$ I could be completely wrong feel free to explain it if someone knows exactly how it works I'd just like to know how it does work.

You are correct on your thinking. I know on my setup I didnt want the hassle of gates and know that it could be made to work without gates with properly sized chargers, so the atmosphere chargers have a small wheel with a large housing. Lights good, no back bressure issues. You can get away with the small wheel on the atmosphere chargers because you are dividing the gas flow 1/2.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Alright long as i got the general concept the finer points would come along later if i was to build one but im gonna stick with just two.

Hows your electrical coming chucky?:poke: and are you coming to Topeka for the races?

Charles

Reaction score
Alright long as i got the general concept the finer points would come along later if i was to build one but im gonna stick with just two.

Hows your electrical coming chucky?:poke: and are you coming to Topeka for the races?

I think I found a dash and spare chassis harness. After that it can't be wiring anymore, that's everything.

What's Topeka?

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
NHRDA world finals.. Like to see your truck run down the strip once with the new charger on it and maybe pick your brain a little in person.

Latest posts

Members online