Compounds?

sethafrye

Reaction score
This is with extreme street tune for 155/stock injectors. We drove it down the road, but had a oil drain problem, so we worked on that till midnight. Hopefully will have most of that worked out today

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

sethafrye

Reaction score
Well he drove it this morning, no issues, oil drain works great, and pulls like a train. On a dry rev it was hitting 14 psi of boost

dsberman94

Reaction score
So running a turbo in the bed like this as well as one under the hood in the stock location, could you basically drive this every day on the street with the truck having a stock response. But then when you want to get on it the turbo in the bed would light and you'd be putting down a decent amount more power? If that's the case, how big of a turbo could you go with in the bed that would be able to light in the higher RPM range?

strokin6L

Reaction score
MPD did the vgt compound setup a few years ago...powermax with a 475 I believe and a 45mm jgs wastegate. From what I was told is that it made great power and towed awesome. Eric at ID did the tuning. But the reason why it was kinda tossed to the side...is because Craig just hated vgt turbos. This was told to me by Greg Furtak that use to work there.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
So running a turbo in the bed like this as well as one under the hood in the stock location, could you basically drive this every day on the street with the truck having a stock response. But then when you want to get on it the turbo in the bed would light and you'd be putting down a decent amount more power? If that's the case, how big of a turbo could you go with in the bed that would be able to light in the higher RPM range?

It's not any different than compounds, there is the downside of slower response and requires more plumbing.

Extended Power

Reaction score
It's not any different than compounds, there is the downside of slower response and requires more plumbing.

I'm thinking you would lose some exhaust energy from the cooling effect in the length of pipe the exhaust has to run to get to the primary.
...nothing a tighter housing wouldn't fix I guess.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I'm thinking you would lose some exhaust energy from the cooling effect in the length of pipe the exhaust has to run to get to the primary.

...nothing a tighter housing wouldn't fix I guess.

You do. Not really the ideal way to do compounds, just different and still does get the job done.

sethafrye

Reaction score
I don't have video of it on the street yet, but they will be posted soon, as well as dyno. And the whole reason for me and this setup is because I have a manual transmission. I did a s369 and it was smoky, and did not spool good at all, was not practical for me. With some data and tunning, this will be a great setup. I haven't even drove my truck yet, but from the guy that's built it... Its a spooling train lol

sethafrye

Reaction score
Glad you are happy with it, im looking forward to the videos! Did idp tune it?
Right now there is no tuning for the compound setup, they did so the time that it's running on right now. But that is the extreme street, head stud tune. It still needs tuning and really not sure who has done vgt coumpound tunes. I will data log with livewire soon

sethafrye

Reaction score
********** Diesel has experience tuning vgt compounds
I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do, thanks! Right now I'm defiantly not putting the 190/75's to their potential.

shmoozer

Reaction score
I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do, thanks! Right now I'm defiantly not putting the 190/75's to their potential.

Can we get a refresher on what turbo is in the bed? I know it's been stated, but don't really want to skim back looking for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sethafrye

Reaction score
Can we get a refresher on what turbo is in the bed? I know it's been stated, but don't really want to skim back looking for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a s475

sethafrye

Reaction score
How do I change my user name on here? Can't figure it out

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.