Compounds?

sethafrye

Reaction score
e224e48ed6c4f629f3ed096293f4a9fc.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

sethafrye

Reaction score
So we put it to a tow test. Pulled great, egt's never went past 1190. I'm going to get tunes tomorrow, gh said they could send me tunes. I know everyone has a preference on tunes. I'm not wanting a this truck to smoke much if possible, from others experiences who has better tunes? Right now truck defuels after 30 psi or so of boost, I'm just using stock sct tow tune right now.

sethafrye

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with scavage pumps and tanks for turbo oil return?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Not sure on oil. But I know my buddy with a vortech centrifugal charged mustang has a separate coolant tank with its own pump for the charger. Pump is built into the tank and it's just wired to the key so it runs when the key is on. I wonder if something like that would work for you with a cooler plumbed in line to help cool the oil. Not sure how much that exact pump would like moving thick oil though.

sethafrye

Reaction score
Not sure on oil. But I know my buddy with a vortech centrifugal charged mustang has a separate coolant tank with its own pump for the charger. Pump is built into the tank and it's just wired to the key so it runs when the key is on. I wonder if something like that would work for you with a cooler plumbed in line to help cool the oil. Not sure how much that exact pump would like moving thick oil though.
There is people that run a sump type pump on turbo race cars. The only problem is making sure you don't run pump dry. Right now it's draining okay un till hard acceleration, and I don't like it lol I just got tunes from ID and it's running strong

04cr450

Reaction score
^ no offense but truck looks weak with that setup. Probably tuning? Half throttle on my setup below would walk all over that. Throwing out some Competition I guess now lol your egts are cooler though than what mine would be by 100+ or so degrees

Last edited:

sethafrye

Reaction score
Edit^^ just read back and found your injector size (155). Yeah that's why I guess I stated weak. Work in progress for you build.
This isn't on big tune, and 190/75 injectors. I'm not pushing hard yet, I'll do a wot and big tune soon. Just playing safe so I can drive it a little first lol

Latest posts

Members online