Compression test procedure

MossBack

Reaction score
Nice. never herd of star products.

me either but it was on the snap on truck and by all means i try to break everything I get from him. And price is really close to the harbor freight kit so my money went towards star!
Side note if your still in school u need to buy a torque wrench. best to get it half off while u can!

psdguy95

Reaction score
I already got a craftsman torque wrench. :D I will be taking advantage of the deal on the compression kit though. Is it a different part number than what you listed in a previous post?

MossBack

Reaction score
Tu- 15-53 from star and Hoffman has popped up a couple times maybe same company. Idk

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Bushwakd

Reaction score
Nice. never herd of star products.

Here is the History on Star Products. It stems off of a company called A&E Tools http://www.aetools.com/about-us.html and even more info here. Read here as it mentions Snap-on and other major tool companies. http://www.aetools.com/company-history.html
Very interesting read.
I bought the Star Hoffman 15-53 Diesel Compression Test Kit for $100 less than what was mentioned in this thread. A&E Tools is the main distributor of it and list it for the amount mentioned from the Snap-On truck. I bought my Star 15-53 online from ToolDesk.com for a lot less. I also bought a Cylinder Leak Down Tester from ToolDesk.com.

MossBack

Reaction score
please explain how this is $100 less.
F-TU-15-53 Star Hoffman TU15-53 Diesel Compression Tester Kit 4.00 145.87 4.00 $145.87
Subtotal: $145.87
Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping UPS: Ground (10.95)Second Day (33.00)Overnight (63.00) $10.95
Grand Total: $156.82

56.33 is the difference i ended up with. So i guess i am the sucker for overpaying for great customer service and for someone to come to my work every week and provide high quaility tools.

I should just buy everything off the internet and not support my neighbors and friends.

Bushwakd

Reaction score
97F250psd Easy there killer. No body is calling you a sucker. I simply mentioned the Star product compression tester from two separate internet sites and the history of where the Star Product and Company came about. Yes I mentioned it was $100 less than what you paid and yes I was wrong in mentioning the incorrect dollar amount difference in price. My Bad. Sorry if it seems I called you out for over paying for a product but I was merely showing others it is not a $200 kit. My apologies to you and I accept the fact that you corrected me in my math skills.
BTW how did your compression #'s turn out? I found the Star compression Gauge to give high readings by 30-50psi compared to a true Snap-On Compression gauge.

MossBack

Reaction score
Its still sitting in my toolbox I bought it with the thoughts of doing it in the near future.

I was not offended by your post I just stated I am loyal to my snap on distributor and if I paid a little more for the service it was well worth it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online