Crankshaft Spacer

groove

Reaction score
Well, just got all my stuff back from the machine shop and noticed that they pulled the spacer off the back of the crank:doh:.....how bad is this going to end up?
Can I install it and put a dial gauge on to check run out or....

Let me know from those who have been here.

groove

Reaction score
thank you, that's what I was hoping.
Now, I have to position the dowel (on adapter) on the crank as that determines the cam timing if I recall.
Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
The hole in the adapter is 180* off from the keyway on the crank gear.

image_zps7989a494.jpg

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Bolts are also TTY, and must be replaced. That is not considered a removable part, so they will not be listed. They are the same as the damper bolts.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Why? So they can just bolt it back on? There arnt any instructions on how to put it on I would feel safer doing it my self. I just went threw having to pull the trans on a truck we put a used short block in and the adapter was put on wrong.

Just get 2 packs of balancer bolts and blue lock tight and bolt it on. Easy fix. Check the run out if your not sure.

04stroker

Reaction score
Why? So they can just bolt it back on? There arnt any instructions on how to put it on I would feel safer doing it my self. I just went threw having to pull the trans on a truck we put a used short block in and the adapter was put on wrong.

Just get 2 packs of balancer bolts and blue lock tight and bolt it on. Easy fix. Check the run out if your not sure.

Exactly ^^^

groove

Reaction score
Machine shop has offered to mount it, regardless I will be checking run out when I bed the crank prior to installing the pistons.

Latest posts

Members online