Creamed a deer on Monday...

Jason

Reaction score
I actually like the front end of your truck now Joe. I agree though, the 05-07 front, when done right..looks great, but a clean '02-04 turns my head pretty damn quick too. Mine is solid white, and if I ever upgraded, i'd do the chrome bumper, with the white upper pad, chrome package grille (same as harley grille, but shell is chrome also), and harley heads. Something about the grille surround bring ptm, but the insert being the polished billet look, looks odd to me..especially running bumpers with chrome. I just can't get down with the white bumpers, and snow flake look.

mandkole

Reaction score
Bummer-- The front end looks good as you have it--just enough accent. Besides with as many miles as you drive and where you live, the chrome will be far more durable.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
61fA5ktBj4L._SL1500_.jpg

51SxRjuowsL.jpg

71yvl%2BEm1BL._SL1500_.jpg

Picked up the header panel local... Rock auto had it aftermarket for $80, plus $80 shipping! Local Ford dealer had it for $130 out the door...

Bumper is getting painted right now (spray paint by me for now...) and the AC condenser will go in today.

JMart

Reaction score
Nice. That black mesh should come apart from the chrome on the grille, but it's a bich.

If its new Its probably not set all the way. Mine wasn't when I did this one.
ntx11007.jpg

If it is set, a few small screw drivers and some time and it comes out.

dsberman94

Reaction score
That looks sic. I got it apart but it was a bich without a heat gun. And my hands got all cut up somehow. Mine was used from a member on here for $30 shipped and the chrome is peeling which I'm getting the rest off anyway so it was nbd. I'm interested to see how joes ends up.

JMart

Reaction score
That looks sic. I got it apart but it was a bich without a heat gun. And my hands got all cut up somehow. Mine was used from a member on here for $30 shipped and the chrome is peeling which I'm getting the rest off anyway so it was nbd. I'm interested to see how joes ends up.

How did they ship it so cheap? I had someone looking at picking up my used one, but UPS wanted $150 to ship it.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Idk. You'd have to ask him. He actually shipped it twice and second time was overnight which made me feel bad. Originally he wanted $50 plus shipping then he bumped it down to 30 shipped and I grabbed it.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Yes, just like my current grill, paint everything not chrome white.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Hmmmm....thatll be a little different on this as the bars are all chrome.

Ill be interested to see the outcome. Im so tempted to change my frontend. My grill is like yours but black and ive got 07 oem headlights.

20120201_165820.jpg

20130905_180544_zpsb0746423.jpg

dsberman94

Reaction score
I want to do the opposite. White bars, chrome mesh. Just need to figure out how to get that mesh to be chrome without it peeling in 6 months.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
With the two tone you have, wasnt the silver the right color?

It was a different shade, and also the gray stops at the doors so I dont see how it would have blended very good.

I'm not really impressed with the factory 05-07 bumper, why would you make the top, where everyone likes to stand to work on it, out of plastic???

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I want to do the opposite. White bars, chrome mesh. Just need to figure out how to get that mesh to be chrome without it peeling in 6 months.

Spray paint... LOL...

I'm going to go out and throw the bumper on right now...

Reaction score
It was a different shade, and also the gray stops at the doors so I dont see how it would have blended very good.

I'm not really impressed with the factory 05-07 bumper, why would you make the top, where everyone likes to stand to work on it, out of plastic???

i have a 4 footer to.. i use that one more for pushing if needed..it bumps against the rubber on my brush bar..

Attachments

• 99power stroke 064.jpg
    99power stroke 064.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 99power stroke 065.jpg
    99power stroke 065.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online