Deaver vs Atlas Springs???

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
So I was about to pull the trigger on a set of Deaver springs for the rear of my truck, to try to bring it up to par with the 4.0 coilovers and bump stops I'm running on the front.........well that was till I got the latest issue of Diesel Power and it has me wondering about Atlas Springs, as that seems to be the spring of choice of all these Dodge boys....... anyone know anything about Atlas springs vs Deavers???

1306dp-06+diesels-invade-the-desert-dtx-event+2012-ram-2500-jumping.jpg

1306dp-07+diesels-invade-the-desert-dtx-event+2004-half-2500-jumping.jpg

1306dp-20+its-so-sweet-2002-dodge-ram-2500+jumping-4.jpg

1306dp-08+its-so-sweet-2002-dodge-ram-2500+flexing-rear-suspension.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t90w2BMKl1I

ncollins64

Reaction score
I can't say much about Deaver but I just bought atlas springs for mine. my front is lifted 5 inches. I took my 7 inch block off the rear and put equal height atlas springs in there place. They ride awesome. Mine is like a stage 2 system made for towing because I do load it quite often. These springs ride smooth and do not squat under load.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
I can't say much about Deaver but I just bought atlas springs for mine. my front is lifted 5 inches. I took my 7 inch block off the rear and put equal height atlas springs in there place. They ride awesome. Mine is like a stage 2 system made for towing because I do load it quite often. These springs ride smooth and do not squat under load.

Stage 2 system??? I've gone their website, which is under construction, and Googled them, with very lil info on them......where did you get yours?

Zmann

Reaction score
My dealings with Deaver have been great

they taper the end and use more leafs that are thinner for a better ride

the Atlas I found has a chitty website with no info so no comment on their construction

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I have deavers currently in the rear of the red truck.....ride is awesome.....on the same note, i had ridden many miles in a truck with Atlas springs....i think they are equally as good. Im sure the suspension gurus will pipe in more, but i would say you would be happy either way.

Rodslinger

Reaction score
I have Deavers in my Ex. They work bad azz. I think that if you tell either company what you are doing, weight of the vehicle and lift height your looking for, they will set you up with a good ride.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
My dealings with Deaver have been great

they taper the end and use more leafs that are thinner for a better ride

the Atlas I found has a chitty website with no info so no comment on their construction

I've heard nothing but great things about Deaver and ridden in many many trucks that have them.....hence why I wanted to get a set, but after that DP article and not finding much info, it has me wondering.....not to mention there is considerable price difference

I have deavers currently in the rear of the red truck.....ride is awesome.....on the same note, i had ridden many miles in a truck with Atlas springs....i think they are equally as good. Im sure the suspension gurus will pipe in more, but i would say you would be happy either way.

Is it the same concept as Deaver, multiple thinner leafs??? Or same thick leafs? Thanks for the info

TripleE44

Reaction score
Not to throw another company at you, but I checked on national too when I was trying to make my 08 ride a little smoother in the rear. I emailed them and they said they'd change them to make the truck ride however I wanted/needed it to ride.

I really think either company will get you what you want if you explain what you want to get out of the springs.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Stage 2 system??? I've gone their website, which is under construction, and Googled them, with very lil info on them......where did you get yours?
I asked for a guy named Fernando. He told me theres 3 stages. Stage 1 being just for comfort and smooth riding. Stage 2 is smoother than factory but is for towing also. Ive got stage 2 And mine does not squat even with a loaded gooseneck. Stage 3 is just for towing HEAVY and is a harsh ride. I think mine are 11 or 12 leaf packs with military wraps and so far iI love them.

Zmann

Reaction score
I would run stage 1 and have airbags for towing if it were mine

smokinstroker

Reaction score
well after talking to a VERY reputable shop today, they told me that no aftermarket spring is going to ride better than the factory spring.

I was told that the aftermarket spring companies adding extra leafs to the pack are only doing that to try and control the axel and that I will not help my ride.

im stuck, as im not very happy with the rear end of my 08 unless I leave 500lbs in the back of it.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Have a custom set made then. Have you tried calling the spring manufacturers themselves and seeing what they have to say?

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
I have the atlas springs on my 450. Not happy with them at all. They were supposed to send me + 7" springs for the rear so I dont have to us any blocks at all. They sent me springs that were A) 2" taller than stock B) dont have a load carrying capacity more than a ford ranger AND C) they started rusting after a few trips to mammoth and big bear.

When I called fernando back he said that we should have calculated that there will be sag in the rear leafs. Now to make the back end of my truck about 1" lower than the front I had to run a 5" spacer.

Didnt like them at all. Wont recommend it.

Rodslinger

Reaction score
well after talking to a VERY reputable shop today, they told me that no aftermarket spring is going to ride better than the factory spring.

I was told that the aftermarket spring companies adding extra leafs to the pack are only doing that to try and control the axel and that I will not help my ride.

im stuck, as im not very happy with the rear end of my 08 unless I leave 500lbs in the back of it.

Bullchit. If you have a company that builds the spring RIGHT, it's night and day better.

Zmann

Reaction score
that is Bullchit

and Truebliss you got hosed as you know

good enough endorsement for Me never to run Atlas FU Fernando

talk to Scott at Deaver

Members online

No members online now.