Deaver vs Atlas Springs???

smokinstroker

Reaction score
That's why I figured I would bring it up here. I was told that atlas and Seaver were sub par, just don't want to get the old "salesman" tactic used on me

SAK

Reaction score
The problem with the Deaver springs is that each leaf sits right on top of one another. What happens over time is water and dirt get in between each leaf and they start to rust. When the springs start to rust the spring rate starts to go up and you lose your ride quality.

From what we have seen is that the atlas springs are the stiffest riding.

Icon also has springs, they are the smoothest and they have little spacers between each leaf so that if thay start to rust, the rust has a way to get out and the spring rate is not affected. They are also cheaper compared to the deavers.

Rodslinger

Reaction score
The problem with the Deaver springs is that each leaf sits right on top of one another. What happens over time is water and dirt get in between each leaf and they start to rust. When the springs start to rust the spring rate starts to go up and you lose your ride quality.

Icon also has springs, they are the smoothest and they have little spacers between each leaf so that if thay start to rust, the rust has a way to get out and the spring rate is not affected. They are also cheaper compared to the deavers.

And you can order the Deavers with the Teflon slides in between the leafs. Once again, is all on how and what you order.
I'll put my OBS Deaver Link Killers up against any Icon or any other mass produced lift springs out there.

Zmann

Reaction score
I rebuilt a set of Deavers they sold Me all new slides and bushings

so I had the privileged of seeing each leaf up close LOL

Deaver was helpful and the springs rode like butter

unfortunately they were 12 years old not two like the seller told Me ( explained the need for the rebuild LOL)

and were sagged( dually that apparently towed heavy ?) so out they came and I got My original purchase price back
not My $150 for parts LOL

the superlift I put in for now ride like chit and one look can tell you why

no taper ,cheap bent retention straps vs the threw bolt Deaver,less slides
less springs but thicker no military wrap like the Deaver

when I get the time and money I am going with 08 8" Deavers with my Airbags on My 06

JMart

Reaction score

Does Icon make them for a stock height truck or do they come for certain lift sizes? The reasone I ask is I am getting some left side sag and plan to replace the front coils with Icons when I level it. Was thinking I might do the rears springs too if the price is right. I probably wont do a big lift for awhile.

bricewise

Reaction score
Sak, how much would a set of Icon leaf springs set me back? I started a thread about needing an inch or two and I could get it from those. Interesting. Didn't know Icon offered leafs

SAK

Reaction score
Does Icon make them for a stock height truck or do they come for certain lift sizes? The reasone I ask is I am getting some left side sag and plan to replace the front coils with Icons when I level it. Was thinking I might do the rears springs too if the price is right. I probably wont do a big lift for awhile.

They only make a 5" for the 08-11.

Sak, how much would a set of Icon leaf springs set me back? I started a thread about needing an inch or two and I could get it from those. Interesting. Didn't know Icon offered leafs

$1,044.75

Sent from my jacked up tapatalk 2

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I had some Atlas springs made front and rear for my 95 Chevy. They were great to deal with and would make them pretty much to the way I specified. Moving the center pin so the front tires would be centered properly, knowing the weight of the truck for the springs helps a lot. Get as specific as possible helps getting what you want. Haven't used them more than a couple of times so I can't tell you much about how it rides. But the did ride better than springs, block it replaced. About a 12" spring in back and 8" or so in front.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
I have the atlas springs on my 450. Not happy with them at all. They were supposed to send me + 7" springs for the rear so I dont have to us any blocks at all. They sent me springs that were A) 2" taller than stock B) dont have a load carrying capacity more than a ford ranger AND C) they started rusting after a few trips to mammoth and big bear.

When I called fernando back he said that we should have calculated that there will be sag in the rear leafs. Now to make the back end of my truck about 1" lower than the front I had to run a 5" spacer.

Didnt like them at all. Wont recommend it.

Well boo on that.....

Sak, I'll hit you up later today or tomorrow.....thanks man!

I had some Atlas springs made front and rear for my 95 Chevy. They were great to deal with and would make them pretty much to the way I specified. Moving the center pin so the front tires would be centered properly, knowing the weight of the truck for the springs helps a lot. Get as specific as possible helps getting what you want. Haven't used them more than a couple of times so I can't tell you much about how it rides. But the did ride better than springs, block it replaced. About a 12" spring in back and 8" or so in front.

Jesus 12" spring in the front.........

bricewise

Reaction score
Damn 5 inch springs. That puts me in a hard spot. Got a 5 inch block and need about 2 inches. Does Icon sell 2 inch block? Or what would be my options if I went with Icon springs?

Zmann

Reaction score
I know PMF will make custom sizes

but you have the traction bars do you have the traction blocks?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.