Diesel site pump vs dual pumps

strokin6L

Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure it'd be fine as a DD Morgan....I just have no desire to ever put dual pumps on my truck. I just see no need for me with my setup.

strokin6L

Reaction score
How many guys have had to replace the pump from the dual pump kit because it kept failing? I've been hearing cases of pumps wearing out and metal shavings from the pump going into the IPR and plugging it like I mentioned above. I'm curious to know how common it is. Not sure if he's a member on the forums but here is what I saw today on FB about dual pump failures https://www.facebook.com/lantz.lewis?fref=ts Gotta be logged in to FB to read the comments.

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
Damn I'm torn. Charlie put a cage in his truck today and I really want an excuse to need one.

So wtf should I do? Looks like a single dieselsite pump is my best option.

02BigD

Reaction score
I've got the pump out of Imelmo's old truck sitting on the shelf, if you need an option to buy you some time.

JGman141

Reaction score
I've had to replace mine once just because I didn't prime it once it was off for a month. My pick up has a filter inline before the pump so it shouldn't and hasn't sucked anything up, knocking on wood LOL

ford rules

Reaction score
How are the rcd thumper pumps holding up? Anyone have more experience with them?

strokin6L

Reaction score
its not that it was sucking/picking up shavings from the bottom of the pan...the dual pump itself was creating the shavings because it was wearing out somehow is how I took it.

02BigD

Reaction score
How many miles $$$

I have no idea, even what style of pump it is. I'll text Danny in the morning and get the low down.

I have no idea wha pt they are worth...which is part of the reason it sits on the shelf. If you need to simply "borrow" it for a short time, I am fine with that as well. As long as the time period is defined.

swinky

Reaction score
I have no idea, even what style of pump it is. I'll text Danny in the morning and get the low down.

I have no idea wha pt they are worth...which is part of the reason it sits on the shelf. If you need to simply "borrow" it for a short time, I am fine with that as well. As long as the time period is defined.
I'm just trying to figure **** out man. I have an 11 second truck running 12.20s. I really appreciate it though brotha.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I had to replace my pump twice (on my third pump). Mine was a DD and I put about 15,000 miles on that setup. My truck was a 2004 with wavy rails.

Without bashing... I would not run a twin pump on a true DD.

Last edited:

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Swinky... if you are on a budget maybe look into the t500 pump from terminator engineering.

My truck was dropping to 3.0v with 205/30s at WOT. I sent my pump to Joey and he had it back to me that same week. I think it cost around $500. When I got the pump back I was building PLENTY of HPO... so much in fact that I kept hitting 5.2v and had to pull back the IPR duty cycle to keep from building too much ICP. It made a HUGE difference on my truck.

The only issue... Joey said there is about a 50% chance that your pump is unusable. There are issues with the cover/housing being bad. Thats why deiselsite starts from a brand new housing. If he can't build from your core then he will send it back for free.

sootie

Reaction score
just a random thought but have you had your injectors gone thru since running low fuel pressure? how do you know your injectors arent really oil hungry and your pump is still ok...

swinky

Reaction score
just a random thought but have you had your injectors gone thru since running low fuel pressure? how do you know your injectors arent really oil hungry and your pump is still ok...
It's possible. Low fuel pressure would cause that though? I thought it warped ****.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I would highly recommend the DieselSite high output pump.

It is very simple and works great for most people. It obviously isnt going to supply the volume that duals will, but it doesnt sound like you have any use for that.

We will be testing 190/75s this weekend with a high output version.

swinky

Reaction score
I would highly recommend the DieselSite high output pump.

It is very simple and works great for most people. It obviously isnt going to supply the volume that duals will, but it doesnt sound like you have any use for that.

We will be testing 190/75s this weekend with a high output version.
I should be running a 255/100 next year. The pump should support those anyway.

swinky

Reaction score
Rather than starting a new thread.

I'm pretty sure I'll be doing a diesel site pump in the winter but in the meantime what is my best bet for keeping pressure up. I'm assuming a thick oil will help. I've heard of people running a 20w50?

Also I remember reading posts by Eric at innovative saying he changed the oil in his race truck every 10 passes because he would lose like half a second or something. Thoughts?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
If he lost a half a second, he lost a half a second... pretty cut and dry. The quality of the oil may be at fault, not the run time or truck.

Latest posts

Members online