Dieselsite in-line trans filter install

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
No. None of the fluid gets back into the trans unless it flows through the in line. It actually diverts the fluid from the cooler return into the filter and then back to the trans.

Zmann

Reaction score
Cooler doesn't need to be replaced if they have a reverse heated flush machine which will clean cooler and let you know it has adequate flow.. Filter should def be replaced though.

there is no such thing for a ford 5r

the heated flush is the normal path of circulation

the only reason it's heated is to open the t stat and let the fluid go through the cooler and thats on a functional transmission not a smoked unit

I think the best method to filter a 5R is to get a Derale pan
and in pan filter for the later production units like I did

then u get 100 percent filtration and not a bypass

chappy

Reaction score
No. None of the fluid gets back into the trans unless it flows through the in line. It actually diverts the fluid from the cooler return into the filter and then back to the trans.

No bud,your missing what I'm saying. The trans only sends out a small amount of fluid out to the cooler when the trans is cold. It doesn't even send 100% till the trans temp gets above 165 I think or it might be higher. So since the filter only sees oil comming out of the trans to the cooler whether its before or after the cooler(same fluid) ,The filter doesn't see hardley any fluid at all so the trans has no filtration at all till then.Its a better filter system then the stock Tp roll maybe but it still has the flaw of only filtering a small percent of fluid that the stocker suffers from. Thats why we went to the 08 filter because its an actual filter in the pan and filters 100% of thefluid all the time . Does that make more sense?

Zmann

Reaction score
It doesn't even send 100% till the trans temp gets above 165 I think or it might be higher.

the cooler never see's 100 percent of the transmissions fluid it is still a bypass type of filtration .
most goes through the in pan screen into the trans .
I think you knew that but just clarifying for others that 100% could be taken more than 1 way

Zmann

Reaction score
I figured Chappy :thumbup:

but wasn't sure how others would take it

Latest posts

Members online