Differences in 2008-2010

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Sounds good, some more info from the same work...

If you are taking the degas out, make sure your vacuum lines that run below it are in good shape. Mine ended up being cracked in two places and when replaced with the only hose around at the time they leaked a little around the seal. Ended up having vac. 4x4 switch issues due to inconsistent vacuum, replaced with a better hose and the issues have all disappeared. Factory ford crap is plastic hardline junk that is horrible and they use it everywhere, slowly replacing it all. This was one of the most satisfying driving fixes I have done to my used purchase, as it took a horrible death wobble feeling scenario and solved it.

Figure out where your coolant drain is on the old radiator and empty it along with the engine block as well, then do all new fluids of your choice (Ford, CAT, Shell, etc..) if you do not drain the block you better flush the new fluids twice.

ncollins64

Reaction score
No problem, i ran into it once online and that's the only reason I know, I run the second picture with top line capped, no issues so far and that's how most trucks seem to be.

ncollins64 yes no problem, you don't really need the updated bottle unless yours is filthy, HG blew up and oil is in it, or broken. The updated lines are an almost must if you don't want to risk getting stranded somewhere, I had to do the radiator so while the rad was out I did all 3 lines for piece of mind. Next will be EGR Delete + Thermostats with the EGR out (much easier) then should take care of all the coolant issues until I get closer to the motor and can check out the front plate and water pump for cavitation (already have spare WP)

Here's VistaPro part #, I think I have pictures of the crimps somehwere, along with the hose part numbers you need if your doing a swap;
IMG-20120829-00138-sm.jpg

IMG-20120829-00139-sm.jpg

IMG-20120829-00140-sm.jpg

IMG-20120829-00141-sm.jpg

IMG-20120829-00142-sm.jpg

IMG-20120829-00144-sm.jpg
Cool thanks. Ill call and get these parts ordered asap. Not having problems yet but i dont want any either. Thanks for the info

AllanB

Reaction score
As everyone else said. Great information and thank you for posting it up and passing it on to everyone.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Well all this cooling system talk made me check under my hood (while looking for my EBP sensor as well) and boy good thing I did! Anyone who has the top nipple capped with the factory clamp, change that out. My clamp obviously doesn't hold enough as there is red coolant clearly leaking past it, since it is a little cold today it actually froze to the clamp otherwise I doubt I would have found it. Clamp below it is the same style so I think I will be swapping them both out for better clamps this afternoon, and next time I plan on having the degas out, switching to the newer part # with one nipple only.

IMG-20130122-00625.jpg

uga33

Reaction score
Couple differences with the years that I can remember. Sync was introduced on the 09 models. Job 3 08s I believe were the first to get the backup cameras. The dark stone exterior color was available in King Ranch trim in 08 and the platinum white color debuted on the 10s.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
as far as differences go-there were a few differences between job numbers on the 08's.
any truck built in 08 is a job 3 and has a 6" front bumper valance instead of a 2". it has the coolant bypass hose to help with leaking radiators (mentioned above), it has updated HPFP wiring harness(the job 1's used to chafe and short out), there were head gasket changes as well. Traction control was an option on the job 3 08's as well. the only other thing i can think of is there was a trans filter change on the job 2's-i believe they had an external filter that causes premature trans failures.

Latest posts

Members online