Ditch the 20s?

chromehound

Reaction score
I'm thinking of ditching the 20s on my new truck because I don't like the style and 20s seem a little "ghetto" to me. What is everyones thoughts on whether I should drop to 18s in either 35s or 37s or find some 20s I like and re-wrap them in 35s or 37s? I talked the dealer into giving my 4 new ProComp tires when I bought the truck and am just waiting on delivery so that is where I'm stuck - keep some form of 20s due to the new tires or see if I can sell/trade my current stuff for something else. Thoughts? Rim ideas/pics?

Current
passside.jpg

rims.jpg

chromehound

Reaction score
Ok wasn't paying attention to what section I was in. :doh: Could one of the mods move this to the suspension/drivetrain/tire section please.

fine69

Reaction score
If those were chrome BMF's I woulda traded my 18" Welds. I say stick to a 20, these trucks need a 20 or bigger IMO.

derrick36

Reaction score
Ditch the flares.
Keep the rims.
Powder coat them black.

Start working on the rest of the chrome.

Done.

chromehound

Reaction score
Gotta check under the flares to see if they are the cut-out ones or not, I kinda like them so they may stay. I think I'll end up swapping to a diffrent style of 20s depending on what my tire guys can do or they may stay until I can afford new ones then sell the current ones. All this is now on the back burner as I got a CEL for diesel particulate crap and gotta get it checked first.

chromehound

Reaction score
The CEL was because I turned the truck back to stock and then turned it back up without telling it there was no DPF so it threw the code.

Latest posts

Members online