DIY Injector mods

Whitezotti

Reaction score
The 170cc comes with a extra shim and the 155cc don't that is the only difference. Except the nozzles of coarse. But if you ever want to go bigger nozzles size I would reccomend pluging it.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I'm not talking **** about elite because I love elite and use everything from them. But if you really want to save money send your injectors to warren. And they will make whatever cc you want for 1000$ and they flow test them which you should really do before installing. Mine are at warren right now . I had the elite nozzles but I ended up sending them to warren to get rebuilt. I've heard some bad stories about elite's nozzles.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I have also talked to Levi at elite about how these are suppose to run. Also another great guy. Levi said the injectors should only idol a little rough when you are not under a load and your coming to a light. Like coasting besides that they shouldn't idol rough when your in park. If they do you probably did something wrong or the plunger is sticking or the spool valve is. I've went thought it. And have seen it first person

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I'm not talking **** about elite because I love elite and use everything from them. But if you really want to save money send your injectors to warren. And they will make whatever cc you want for 1000$ and they flow test them which you should really do before installing. Mine are at warren right now . I had the elite nozzles but I ended up sending them to warren to get rebuilt. I've heard some bad stories about elite's nozzles.

Did you read this whole thread? Or just the first page and chime in at the end? The thread has next to nothing to do with Elite's kits. It's about modifying injectors your self, and machining them to the size that your looking for, and what is the best was to go about making them.

Hope I don't come off as a jerk here...

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have also talked to Levi at elite about how these are suppose to run. Also another great guy. Levi said the injectors should only idol a little rough when you are not under a load and your coming to a light. Like coasting besides that they shouldn't idol rough when your in park. If they do you probably did something wrong or the plunger is sticking or the spool valve is. I've went thought it. And have seen it first person

depends whose tuning it, any thing with a plugged port will idle like crap unless ICP is bumped at idle.

NathannialD

Reaction score
depends whose tuning it, any thing with a plugged port will idle like crap unless ICP is bumped at idle.

I wouldnt say thats the case 100%, long story short a couple trucks have had 155's installed with no tuning and idle just fine, as always with the plugged body lopy on decel but that was it. and no im not trying to start anything here just stating what i have personally seen.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I wouldnt say thats the case 100%, long story short a couple trucks have had 155's installed with no tuning and idle just fine, as always with the plugged body lopy on decel but that was it. and no im not trying to start anything here just stating what i have personally seen.

Not at all, you are right, depending on what else is done to the injector.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
i did read the thread i was just giving information to people who were interested in the elite kits. because i have one for sale. and i know how the elite kits work so i was giving info to people were interested.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
and if you read some what toward the end of what i wrote i said i sent my old injectors out to warren to get machined. i was tring to compare the diy nozzles to the whole new injectors with new bodies, and pins, and plugers.

Whitezotti

Reaction score

thats exactly what ive heard and expierenced but mine had spool valve problems sticking, or the pluger was sticking or getting stuck. because we hooked up the auto enginuity up to it and two injectors were miss firing and those were the ones we took the whole spool valve assembly totaly apart.

Whitezotti

Reaction score

thats exactly what levi told me at elite also

Cold Roller

Reaction score
Here is my thought:
To maintain the stock feel and function of the injector, and maintain the proper use of the spill port, would it be possible to install a copper shim between the fuel barrel and the fuel plate and then ONLY cut the intensifier piston to achieve desired fuel delivery?

Yes, that would work, but copper would be too soft to withstand the wear. Lilpooh's shim is a very good example of what can be done. Precision and hardness are critical to long-term success. An argument could be made that the shim does not have to be critically tight to the plunger since the plunger volume will still move the fuel, but it may encourage fluid movement to the seam of the barrel and plunger. Obviously if the spacer is loose, it would destroy the plunger.

There is another thread here where shims were briefly discussed in 2012 or early 2013.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
At this point I am ready to send my injector parts off to my machinist to make and modify. Here is where I am at:

My desired fueling is 200-205cc's, I would like to get to that point without plugging spill ports, or cutting my plunger. From my understanding of how the injectors work, theoretically I could cut the intensifier piston by 2.18mm and then add a 2.18mm shim at the fuel plate. I wish to leave my spill ports unplugged.

Any chance you guys who have tinkered could verify that this is correct and will get me to my desired fueling without having any other issues, and that I am not OVER building them.

Thanks guys!

Whitezotti

Reaction score
To be honest I think if your at least going that big you should plug your spill port. I'm not saying you have to. But I think if your going to 225s you have to. I'm pretty sure warren does and mine are already there but there are already plugged. I think I saved them time. We will see when I get them back if they do that or not. They do flow test them to. How much does your machinest charge? And does he flow? I heard piezo is like the best nozzles. That's what 6.7s have. But some people gain oil in different ways. Some people plug the spill port add shims, cut pistons. Elite does both with their 170cc kit. They add a shim and plug the port. It also depends on what percent you have. Someone told me they had 285/100s and they moved up to 285/150 and their temps went way down.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
285/100 is not a 285 with a 100% nozzle.

There is no way to "gain oil" the high pressure oil pump does not flow enough volume at max pressure, its not possible to displace that much fuel, its just not there. You need a higher volume pump to displace more than that.

Plugging the port allows you to displace more fuel without loss out the port, and you dont have to increase the stroke to do it.

Hellen Keller sent this?

Whitezotti

Reaction score
FYI I'm not Tring to start a arguement. I'm just giving my opinion. From what I've heard. And from my expirence taring down injectors.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Yea I have a river city thumper hpop getting installed . One of the first 05-07 pumps. And yea this guy from tsd was telling me that . Stonepusher. The white truck. He said he moved from 100 nozzles to 150. And they were 285 . And hybrids.Warren did them.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I think anything over 205 or 225s you need dual hpops or a upgraded one. For them to work efficiently instead of half ass. Which you don't have that problem on common rails. Or non huei trucks

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Your absolutely right about the hpop tho. Most people don't know that. My brother had that problem with 225s and upgraded to twins. (Turbos) but at the time didn't offer a 07 upgraded hpop.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
That guy with the 6.4 turbo . I don't know how it runs but I would definatley get bigger than stock injectors. I bet your truck would run prime. Like 6.4s because they push big fuel.

Latest posts

Members online