DIY Injector mods

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I've heard of piezo selling just nozzles for like. 6.0s . I know the 6.7s are all piezo. But piezo makes a nozzle for 6.0s . And yea my bad about all the posts . I didn't want to cram it all together and someone not understand me. And say **** to me .

I'm sorry it could of been for a cummins or a duramax. But I've heard them selling just the nozzles. And their like the best. Those Italians if I'm not mistaken

And sorry for this extra post . But I just seen just the nozzles for 6.4s. They might only make common rail injectors. Or non huei.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cold Roller

Reaction score
My desired fueling is 200-205cc's, I would like to get to that point without plugging spill ports, or cutting my plunger. From my understanding of how the injectors work, theoretically I could cut the intensifier piston by 2.18mm and then add a 2.18mm shim at the fuel plate. I wish to leave my spill ports unplugged.

Remembering the space below the plunger at full stroke, the shim could be 0.5mm less than the IP cut and still not bottom out.

Piezo is just a method using electricity on crystals to control short burst functions in a control gate.

Last edited:

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I guess my wording is off. But I didn't mean to act like they are a company . Just a badass style of injector and how they work efficiently . Compared to these cheap styles and easy injector modifications.

I was just reading piezo's can inject up to 5 times per combustion. Which is really bad ass . It really out does the split shot injectors

slc dzl

Reaction score
I guess my wording is off. But I didn't mean to act like they are a company . Just a badass style of injector and how they work efficiently . Compared to these cheap styles and easy injector modifications.

What part of a 6.0 injector can use any part of a pieso injector?

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I've heard of piezo selling just nozzles for like. 6.0s . I know the 6.7s are all piezo. But piezo makes a nozzle for 6.0s . And yea my bad about all the posts . I didn't want to cram it all together and someone not understand me. And say **** to me .

This is why god invented the return button! LOL

Peizzo technology is also commonly used in loudspeakers for high frequency sounds.

Cold Roller

Reaction score
With piezo-electrics, very short, highly precise switching (control) can occur. This has been used in waveform devices for years and only recently (10 yrs) in vehicle injector control devices.

Badass? Not really, just newer technology that uses less power, has greater accuracy, and is more reliable.

Reaction score
Unfortunately piezo technology can't realistically be retrofitted to the 6.0 so all this piezo talk in this thread is a complete and utter waste of time

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Yea I don't think you can use piezo technology only if you do the common rail setup that hyper max sells. I don't think hueis can? Hueis have split shot which 7.3s have. I read on early 6.0s that the FICM would tell the injector to do a split shot type of injection. But ford stopped this because the truck was idiling rough and ford tuned it out of the FICM. I wonder if you could tune your FICM to make your injector inject like a piezo? Like up to 5 times. If ford did it to a FICM . A tuner could probably? Or a FICM tuner could. Like industial sells a FICM tuner. That would be sick . If someone knows tell me. But yea I read that to. The piezo is suppose to make it not as loud .

http://www.intellidog.com/dieselmann/injector.htm

Go to this website it really explains the injection process for the 7.3 to 6.0 to 6.4

Reaction score
Split shot is SO much so than piezo. Split shot only functions at idle, it can't react fast enough for above idle. Piezo functions at all throttle settings as far as I know. They tried split shot on the 03 6.0 the injectors simply didn't stand up

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I think it's badass because reliable? Like the 6.7 is what I want for my 6.0 and I don't have it. I'm getting 225s and I wish they were reliable like that. The huei system is to complicated. It was reliable for the 7.3 but not the 6.0 when the changed the setup.

Do you know if they can make like a 6.0
Injector act like a piezo? If them tune the FICM. If they made it like a split shot couldn't they make it like a piezo? And would it make it more effecient?

Reaction score
You think the piezo injectors on the 6.7 are reliable? Do a search on fuel contamination. Idlf you're lucky you can save the valve covers and oilpan. Last.time I checked that's way worse and WAY more expensive than a 6.0 With the 6.0 if you run reasonably clean fuel and have good fuel pressure 150 to 200 k on a set of stock injectors isn't unreasonable

Reaction score
Yeah retrofit it to a 6.0.....what you do is hoist the rad cap and roll a 2010 or newer truck underneath. Cheapest and easiest way to do it.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Yea I guess that's the easiest way. Or get that hyper max system that costs 16 grand if you wanna keep the 6.0. Isn't a 6.0 basically the same as a 6.4 except the heads and it's common rail. ? I know the tranny is the same except the torque converter. Unless you get a adapter. . But I got 2 stories for you why hueis are bad and both were on my 6.0

First story was on my 6.0 like 3 years ago. But first off 6.4 injectors are piezo and they are good and push a lot of fuel. On with the story. So I change my injectors 3 years ago. They are all remans. The next 4 days it ran fine till it felt like it seized up. It blew a lot of black smoke for 5 minutes after I started it and it was getting lopey and died. And blew a little white smoke before it did. So I gotta get it towed. Pull the covers. The injector I rings were chewed up like a hamster got to them. It was just one or two. So I replaced the whole side. 1357 . Replaced all the orings on that side. The rubber orings. On the outside of the body. Runs fine after that for a couple days. Then it happen again truck died . I rings bad on the other side. Replaced the whole other side. This happen again. Then it stopped. Idk if it was the heat eat the orings away... Or what but it wouldn't do
It that quick and never had problems before. But I think the oring got eaten away and the fuel and oil mixed. So it felt like it siezed because it wouldn't start at all it died and wouldn't start. That's my first problem with huei injectors . I know they are good that they keep the fuel clean. But still

Second story. This happen a couple years after that last story. A few month ago. I get 155cc nozzles from elite. And replace them. But elite tells you to tear apart the whole spool valve assembly and replace all the inner orings and lock ring. Well this took forever and I couldn't get that lock ring apart . And it's not like it was adding any performance to them not taking the spool valve assembly toatly apart. So on the first 2 injectors I took the spool valves completely apart. And after 2 and 4 injector I stopped and just replaced the nozzle and the outter orings. And plugged the spill port. On 6 8 and 1357 . So I finsish . It seems to be running fine. And then it started idiling rough. And I tried everything. Rev x . New tune from Matt. So I hooked the auto enginuity to it. And 2 and 4 were misfiring. The ones that I took the spool valve assembly toataly apart. So if I never had those spool valves this would of never happen. And spools valves always stick on 6.0s . I've heard plenty of times this happens. If it was piezo. It wouldn't have a spool valve. And 7.3 injectors probably don't have that problem but still. They don't have spool valves. They have poppet valves. But anyway if I never had them that would of never happen. I know it was my fault. But spool valves stick all the time on 6.0s and it sucks.

swinky

Reaction score
You need a girlfriend. preferably one that's an English teacher.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

fastbee

Reaction score
^^^whs...rather than muck up this thread with a bunch of crap that has nothing to do with the OP's, why don't you start your own piezo is better than heui thread somewhere. It's free, so there is no need to derail with multiple posts at a time about basically nothing...rant over.

Reaction score
WHS ^^^^ The fact that you claim to have continous injector problems on the 6.0 speaks more to an incompetent mechanic. In this case YOU. in ovwr 225k I don't have stiction and neither do many othet owners. Injectors failed after YOU had them apart? YOU effed up. Replaced o rings on one side only? STUPID. Try not to blame the design for your stupidity, even if the design does have its weak spots.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Ok, I wasn't going to chime in, but I think it's time to... There is a decent amount of derail there and therefore I ask: Can a Moderator clean this thread up back to post #73 and include post #85? Possibly throw the derail it into a new thread "debate - which is better HEUI or Peizzo"

This has gotten so far off track. And personally I hate when it gets personal. WhiteZotti, for future reference just keep in mind there are existing topics for a reason and new ones can be easily created, also keep in mind that this is NOT a chat room. One post at a time as much as possible. Certain cases are understandable, my brain can never spit it out in one post, but I do the best I can.

Play nice kids, we're all in it for the same reason: the enjoyment of our trucks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.