Does anyone have a lead on .020 ih pistons

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I am in need of a set but have not come across any. Would buying ford replacements and having them cut and coated be my best bet?

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I'm currently working with a vendor to get ahold of a set. He told me that International is discontinuing their overbore line since demand is low. Anyone have a set on their shelf ready to drop in? Morgan only has .010

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Damn you international!

Attachments

• Family_Guy_Stewie_You_Suck_Black_Shirt.jpg
    Family_Guy_Stewie_You_Suck_Black_Shirt.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Last I heard they aren't available mostly. I think someone is working pretty hard to have them but as of right now you can't get them

Reaction score
Between me and RCD we tried and cannot get IH pistons in .020". They flat out said no. There is a part number in their system, but no availability. Navistar says that there is not enough need to produce the part. Even after we placed very large orders. They just rejected them.

Ford .020" pistons machined and coated are better than stock. But not much. We offer these as well.

We also have our forged pistons. Currently I only have .010" in stock which is good for a cleanup in a block that hasn't had a failure. We have more .020" coming but not here yet. I have orders placed for more pistons. As soon as they come in they keep getting bought up. I am having a hard time getting them made fast enough to keep up. Much less to have all sizes on the shelf at once.

I want to have a reasonable .020" HD piston for you guys. But right now its just not happening.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Like morgan said ive been trying to get .20 over ih pistons for awhile and they have no interest in doing them. Best bet right now is get ford pistons and have them machined.

Latest posts

Members online