DPC 2012

Wayne

Reaction score
Now, does.anything on eriks' truck get torn down? Just to see if anything is.thrashed or do we run it til it breaks? Moreover, does the truck need a strict maintenance?

Before anyone gives me a monologue on what diesels were made for please be.advised that I know. My question arises from the.fact.that this truck is four times the typical power level and just got beat on for three days.

Thanks!

I suspect we'll do an oil analysis on the engine just for peace of mind, and change it once the new setup is finished, but the oil was changed monday night with amsoil. The transmission will get the last remaining upgrades available with the engine mods in the works, and that will involve a fluid replacement, and obviously anything else that might be needed, which I doubt. It never missed a beat.

The truck was already at Elite for a build, which will still happen very soon, so it worked out nice for him and DPC. I won't spill the beans on the build, but we're very excited for Erik. Here's a vid below of his farm boy driving skills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OahYQtPtDEo

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow what a week. I am so happy and proud of monster man, and how he handled the pressure , because it's a lot , especially going into th last day with the lead. I've been tO almost every dpc and this year was by far the best all around event ever. Eric winning just topped it off. Aaron's truck was stout as well had it not been for the Dyno and broken hitch,he may have been tied with Eric going into the last day. I can say I was really glad even though I couldn't run, that a lot of my parts were able to help others including chase. Aaron put my 5r thru hell and it never skipped a beat. Great times seemed to be had by all , including rally monkey. Thanks for doing such a great job, Aaron and Eric.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I haven't dug through this thread yet, but will this weekend. Just got home and I am beat. I haven't towed a lot, but can handle a trailer fairly well.
I do need to thank Mike for his vgt that was put on my truck when it went down. I may have forgot to thank him in my other thread.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You don't need to thank me buddy. I need to thank you for manning up when you answered my call and I gave you no choice lol.

Kind

Reaction score
Conrats to you Eric and to Aaron!! You're both great guys to represent the Fords.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
to anyone with a cdl, that looks awfully close to the Illinios cdl driving skills test.

aside from the first left hand turn, thats identical to our test. down to every maneuver.

eric, you could be a truck driver. just give me your truck now, as you will be on the road to much to drive it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Wow what a week. I am so happy and proud of monster man, and how he handled the pressure , because it's a lot , especially going into th last day with the lead. I've been tO almost every dpc and this year was by far the best all around event ever. Eric winning just topped it off. Aaron's truck was stout as well had it not been for the Dyno and broken hitch,he may have been tied with Eric going into the last day. I can say I was really glad even though I couldn't run, that a lot of my parts were able to help others including chase. Aaron put my 5r thru hell and it never skipped a beat. Great times seemed to be had by all , including rally monkey. Thanks for doing such a great job, Aaron and Eric.

that's high class in my book, mad props bigr!

erik, you did one hell of a job this week....

B585Ford

Reaction score
I can't believe how this all played out...I have never met any of you guys, but when I heard Mike's truck broke right before the competition I was more down than when I learned I blew a HG. Then found out Eric was going to take his place with no prep time running on a lifted truck with a turbo that had to swapped at the last minute, I figured unless Aaron could pull it off, I was once again going to be disappointed. After hearing Aaron broke the input shaft during the dyno and given no prep time for Eric, I thought there wasn't a chance in h#ll a Ford could pull this off...then to finish 1st and 3rd was incredible!!! I have been a Ford man since I could talk and followed Ford on everything they compete in and I can say this is best day as a Ford man of my life!!!! Thank you Eric for cowboying up and taking the victory!!!!

As a member of the Ford community I couldn't be prouder of Mike and Aaron either.
Mike, I have followed your threads and I know how much time and effort you put into your build so I know how disappointed you had to be when you had a failure that took you out of the competition...you displayed amazing character for having Eric step in and for providing parts for them to use. As a competitor, that couldn't have been easy.
Finally, thank you Aaron for proving the Eric isn't a fluke...if it weren't for a broken input shaft and (of all things) a broken hitch, you guys would have likely been first and second.
Sorry about the long post...just couldn't contain myself!!!

91turbogsx

Reaction score
You don't need to thank me buddy. I need to thank you for manning up when you answered my call and I gave you no choice lol.

You picked a worthy candidate for sure. We should all be thanking you.

Are you eligible to compete next year Mike?

TyCorr

Reaction score
You picked a worthy candidate for sure. We should all be thanking you.

Are you eligible to compete next year Mike?

Excellent point you make.

Also, your.truck is over the top with the front painted up! Veeery nice.

Latest posts

Members online