DPC 2012

samoht517

Reaction score
The fords definitely killed it today. I heard fancy pants complaining to someone that the trailer obstacle is a waste of time and is embarrassing with all the work they put into he truck they have to do that.

I will give it up to the guy with the 78 fummins. I talked to him and he seems to be having so much fun even with his not 1st place results. He said he was thrilled he made it and made tons of passes cause he was having so much fun.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
The fords definitely killed it today. I heard fancy pants complaining to someone that the trailer obstacle is a waste of time and is embarrassing with all the work they put into he truck they have to do that.

I will give it up to the guy with the 78 fummins. I talked to him and he seems to be having so much fun even with his not 1st place results. He said he was thrilled he made it and made tons of passes cause he was having so much fun.

That's what this sport is all about

dieselpower

Reaction score
^^^

shoulda told him his truck was embarrasing cause with all that work on it it couldnt even tow a trailer around the obstacle course good enough

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
In my opinion if they put "all that money" into the truck, it should be able to pull a trailer fairly easily.

Seems like they are trying to make it more about the driver/truck combo rather than just who has the most badass truck. You need to be able to drive the damn thing now too

91turbogsx

Reaction score
The trucks were built to tow. So it's nice to see some things have to do with trailers. LOL Shows driver skill instead of an all out HP truck.

Good luck Aaron and Erik! Would thoroughly enjoy a true Ford 1st and 2nd finish. :ford:

samoht517

Reaction score
I think being able to pull a trailer and negotiate is pretty vital for a truck. They actaully timed my white truck the second time around when we were having some fun and it might have beat a couple trucks in the obstacle course. :poke: the 1600hp dirty

pog

Reaction score
today is the most hours i have ever spent on a forum. waiting for updates on a forum has never been so intense. best of luck to camp ford tomorrow. git r done boys and bring it home!

JasonQuartermile

Reaction score
This is Jason Sands, with Diesel Power Mag...

Thanks for all the interest guys, team Ford is great this year. It's awesome to start out a 3 day event and have a truck that most people dismissed as "Some California show truck" right up front. A lot of competitors and crewmen were waiting for Erik's truck to break, but it never did, and now people are worried! Rudy is doing great also, too bad he went kaboom on the dyno, but hey, that's racin'. Erik was on a whole other level on the trailer tow, he made it look completely easy, and no one else was even close.

The Dodge and Dmax guys aren't done yet though, seeing that huge murdered out dually run 127mph in the quarter spraying it at the 1/8th mile was crazy, and the Fleece crew changed turbos AND transmissions between two different events today just to stay in.

The sled pull tomorrow will decide it, there's still about 5 trucks that are in the running for the overall title.

Jason

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.