DPF Delete - MA inspections

Rob D

Reaction score
Guys,

I need local MA owners to chime in. I have one shop telling me there is no way for a deleted 6.4 to pass emissions. A different shop says you can with an EGR on file.

Both shops are very reputable diesel shops so I am torn on what to do. I am very close to pulling the trigger on a new 6.4 but do not want to spend 30k on a truck that will not pass emissions or be a major PINTA to get to pass every year.

Thanks guys

Atsah

Reaction score
When I lived there I would go to a non diesel shop that knew nothing about diesels and never had a problem.. It can be a PITA in MA like everything else pertaining to rules and regulations..

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Why is this?

They somehow keep the readiness monitors active. Whereas the other programmers turn them off.

I usually try to keep inspection information to PM's only. Shouldn't be discussed on a public forum considering if the wrong person learns about it then things can change....

Last edited:

Rob D

Reaction score
They somehow keep the readiness monitors active. Whereas the other programmers turn them off.

I usually try to keep inspection information to PM's only. Shouldn't be discussed on a public forum considering if the wrong person learns about it then things can change....

Cory that is why I left out the name of the shop and the name of the tune.

Tyler what's up this is Rob Day

Rob D

Reaction score
And FYI I mentioned this to the owner of the shop here in MA who does inspections in house and this failed 3 trucks this week. Are we sure nothing changed recently in the testing??

B585Ford

Reaction score
A better solution is to move. Do you really want to live in a state that does testing?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
And FYI I mentioned this to the owner of the shop here in MA who does inspections in house and this failed 3 trucks this week. Are we sure nothing changed recently in the testing??

Did he fail the trucks based on a visual or not passing the readiness check?

Rob D

Reaction score
Def not a visual - said egr was on and even had a gutted dpf with sensors on and truck was driven for a couple hundred miles. Said there is no way around it. Ill PM you the shop

B585Ford

Reaction score
Ya - I will just sell my house and quit my job so I can move for my truck. Dumb post - please only respond with helpful things guys. :fustrate:

Actually my post was an attempt to help, but since you didn't follow my drift and felt the need to call it stupid, carry on.

If anyone else is facing the same problem, shoot me a PM and I will be happy to explain.

Last edited:

CT9AIX

Reaction score
i was in the same boat and used some of cory's ideas to pass...

Rob D

Reaction score
I ended up just buying a 6.0 - but thanks guys. I am sure some of the 6.4 guys will get some help from this thread

Latest posts

Members online