Dual Fuel guys

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
I'm running a Midwest kit and have no noise at all. I wonder if it has to do with the line length? I also have Midwest 60% nozzles and they do seem to haze at an idle but I'm in Florida with pretty constant high humidity. Right now my injectors are at RCD being flowed and balanced so we will see if that helps.

I'm sure the extra length doesn't help help by any means.
Be interested to see what your results are.

devdiesel

Reaction score
I'm also running a midwest kit with zero noise, just used the supplied clamps with the kit. When I did the motor build I put new (reman) injectors in it with 60's and had Morgan get them flow tested. Two actually came back as out of spec which they changed out so it's definitely worth the time and money. My first round of tunes from gearhead hazed pretty decent at idle but the revised tunes are totally clean at idle

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
Good to know!
Do you ever experience a really lazy start up with gearhead tunes?
Mine will start and run around 250 rpms and slowly idol up to normal speed. It never use to do that until I put on duals.
Canned H&S starts fine.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I am running Diesel Dr dual fueler with no noise. Also when I got my first set of custom tunes from gearhead my truck had that really lazy start up. When I saw Morgan at TS he mentioned it and said it's pretty common on dual fueled trucks and is something to do with the tuning. Since then I had a revision done by Gearhead and he told me he changed something to help with the lazy start up, even though I didn't mention it to him. Whatever he did worked because the truck starts up pretty well now.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Mine had that damn lazy start up as soon as dual fuel was put on. Matt told me there was a file somewhere that had to be changed to make it stop. Will have to contact him when mine is running again, I hated that issue

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
Mine had that damn lazy start up as soon as dual fuel was put on. Matt told me there was a file somewhere that had to be changed to make it stop. Will have to contact him when mine is running again, I hated that issue

Agreed. doesn't look good around the CumminGs And Duramax guys. LOL
Just got my revised tunes late last night. I'll be glad to try them out later , as I had him make a few other changes.

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
Just an update.
I adjusted the high pressure lines, and most of my harmonics are gone! I think if I add one more clamp it will be just as quite as stock.
As for the smokey idol. Matt was able to clean that up with tuning. It just makes more injector rattle than I would like.
Now I am searching for a Pressure Control Valve.
so, if anyone knows where I can get one without buying another injection pump let me know! As mine is busted and leaking fuel.

buck russell

Reaction score
Depending on who's kit you have but with the elite kit you can slide a piece of 5/16" fuel line over the hard line that runs under the intake manifold and it will quiet it down. I did that to mine and it quieted it down a bit. It was hitting the head and manifold in places.

This works well. Matt and I did this on my truck when I had it, very effective.

Latest posts

Members online