dual fueler owners

Riverside

Reaction score
As title says.
Looking for how many miles Everyone has put on their respective dual kit.

Not fishing for who's kit has gone the furthest.
Just looking to see if :

- daily driver
- dual fuel
- reliable

Can all exist together......

or is it - out of the 3 above ya only get to pick 2.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
As title says.
Looking for how many miles Everyone has put on their respective dual kit.

Not fishing for who's kit has gone the furthest.
Just looking to see if :

- daily driver
- dual fuel
- reliable

Can all exist together......

or is it - out of the 3 above ya only get to pick 2.

I think every kit on the market will really give you all three. Lots of options out there. I run a cp3 kit on my drag truck. But have had great luck running elites dual fueler kits as well.

webb06

Reaction score
I would say all 3 are easily attainable. I've got the diesel dr kit on my truck. Got over 20k miles on it with zero trouble.

bigaF250

Reaction score
I don't have one yet but doesn't a dual fueler kit actually give you all three of those things. More reliable than one incase one goes out plus duel fueler all in your dd?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Elite kit here. Daily drive my truck. No issues. Very happy to have this setup. Wouldn't get a different kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverside

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys.

Anyone wish they wouldn't of gone to duals?

Like most on here im just trying to calculate if this is the right move for my truck.

99.9% of my drive time will be simply going from point A to B......with the occasional 5th wheel or something in tow.

Hence the question on miles and DD.......because the best teller of all things in my experience it....Time.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I look at it this way:

Running one factory pump at full tilt, the duty cycle is at 99%. Obviously, that is hard on things after a while. I have only ever watched duty cycle on one truck with dual pumps, but with 100% nozzles, duty cycle was at 37% or so...

I think the biggest reliability concern while running dual pumps is the low pressure setup.

sootie

Reaction score
agreed with above however one more point to make...dual pumps is double the chance of one of them failing. not that the lower duty cycle doesn't compensate for some of that risk...

that being said, with the options on the market today, dual fuelers is the best way to go.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I look at it this way:

Running one factory pump at full tilt, the duty cycle is at 99%. Obviously, that is hard on things after a while. I have only ever watched duty cycle on one truck with dual pumps, but with 100% nozzles, duty cycle was at 37% or so...

I think the biggest reliability concern while running dual pumps is the low pressure setup.

What exactly is your low pressure setup (A-1000, fuel bowl delete, regulated return)?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I look at it this way:

Couldn't agree more. Anything you can do to relieve stress on parts of the engine is worth it.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Man I'm trying to keep myself from going dual fuelers and nozzles. But the more more y'all talk about them, the more I wanna wanna wanna........ Horrible peer pressure lol. I gotta save for a trans first. Lol. One of these days I'll get to play with the big dogs. Right now I'll chase my tail and bark over the keyboard

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I know elites kit tees into the passenger side rail outside the rocker box. Not sure on the others.

jdgleason

Reaction score
One more question... How are dual fuelers plumbed? Is each fuel pump dedicated to one fuel rail?

I know elites kit tees into the passenger side rail outside the rocker box. Not sure on the others.

Elite's doesn't tee directly into the rail... You might be thinking of RCD's? Elite's second pump essentially feeds the valley pump.

Latest posts

Members online