"dump" exhaust

B.Warning

Reaction score
If you don't share the story, we're going to start making things up.

Not what I was thinking of when I heard, "I've got axle wrap!"

Well that does have something to do with it.

2 springs ago I had the planter break down while trying to get corn planted before a rain. I was hauling ass down a field road and forgot about a culvert that collapsed that prior fall. I managed to hit that 2ft deep hole at 30mph and it snapped the leaf spring pin, bent my u bolts, and twisted the axle under the truck and boogered up my bedside. I called a buddy who was using my gn trailer at the time and told him to come get me and take me and the truck home. When we all got to the shop I told his wife to get my truck fixed, and call me when it's finished. She laughed it off and said she'll fix it with pink duct tape. Couple months later I decided to install my OUO traction blocks and bars. I put the truck in the shop that night to get things ready and that morning I went to work on it and saw it wrapped up like this with a note saying "see I fixed it".

So yes, it has to do with a severe case of axle wrap. LOL

6.4psd916

Reaction score
im gonna try it. leave the tail section off and put a black 6x12 tip on

It should sit right at the bottom of the bedside, at least that where mine sat with the same exhaust and tip size. It was hard to see with my truck lowered and all black exhaust. I'll see if I have a picture.

nickg3130

Reaction score
I had one for a while. Ran a 8" tip bc it gave it a nice throaty sound. I just recently went back to the rear exit.
9u5aruta.jpg

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Mine is also. Mine is right under the rubber mount for the exhaust. I will get a picture in a little bit.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I was planning on doing the same MBRP has a nice straight dump exhaust I was looking at for when I delete mine. Keep the pics coming!

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Here's mine, 4" flow pro 5" MBRP tip. I left the tail section in the box, added a 6" straight section before the tip to bring it down a bit. I prefer the subtle and clean look of a center dump.
photo_zps8a5df572.jpg

photo_zpsad5b1d33.jpg

Koda22

Reaction score
I gotta take some pics of mine, it's not a true dump it still points it the rear, just does stick out very far...but it's an mbrp and I just leave the tail section off....wish it worked more like a dump

MINK

Reaction score
Pics suck and exaust is dirty...ill try for better today. Mines angled out so it doesnt look like smoke is just coming out from under the truck, actually throws it sideways.
attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1382186377862.jpg
    ResizedImage_1382186377862.jpg
    968 KB · Views: 570
  • ResizedImage_1382186395007.jpg
    ResizedImage_1382186395007.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 569

Latest posts

Members online