Dyno Day Results

lubeowner

Reaction score
This past Saturday I hosted a dyno day at my shop. As this pertains to the 6.0 world I will pass along some of the 6.0 results. So what we had was basically 4 6.0 trucks that were all similar yet all slightly different. These 4 ranged from 2003 to 2005 in model year, all had headstuds, straight pipe exhaust, tuner, and stock turbos. I feel these trucks give a very good overall comparison of what different injectors do as these were all on the same dyno same day. All of these truck had stock low pressure fuel systems.

I don't have the dyno sheets in front of me so I am giving a brief overview of the results

First truck (2004 automatic) had a sct race tune, stock ficm, stock injectors made 425 rwhp.

Second truck was my old dually (2003 manual), Kem tune, Ficm tuned, I rebuilt the injectors right before I sold the guy the truck and they are stock sized, 460 rwhp.

Third truck, 2003 automatic, Innovative race tune, stock ficm, we modded the injectors to 190cc with stock nozzles, made 485 rwhp.

Fourth truck, 2005 automatic, Innovative Race tune, stock ficm, Warren 175cc with 75% nozzles made 495 rwhp.

Last edited:

strokin6L

Reaction score
very impressive with the last truck. Just goes to show that nozzles help alot. If that third truck had larger nozzles with the 190's it would've made a bit more HP. I like the difference between the 1st and 2nd truck with only a FICM tune as the difference(other than the trans) and the 2nd truck made 35hp more. Very nice compairison and results...thank you for posting Jeremy!

lubeowner

Reaction score
very impressive with the last truck. Just goes to show that nozzles help alot. If that third truck had larger nozzles with the 190's it would've made a bit more HP. I like the difference between the 1st and 2nd truck with only a FICM tune as the difference(other than the trans) and the 2nd truck made 35hp more. Very nice compairison and results...thank you for posting Jeremy!

I would like to see the ficm tuned on the third and 4th trucks and see what that does for them.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Those are on stock turbo's too? 495rwhp on stock air isn't bad at all... has anyone else come this close...?

Jwarren

Reaction score
Those are on stock turbo's too? 495rwhp on stock air isn't bad at all... has anyone else come this close...?

Yes, and a 05-07 turbo at that. Nate clames to see close to 40psi on the street.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Mdub707

Reaction score
I believe the boost... I've maxed my 35psi gauge a few times on my 06 with a stock turbo. Have over 100k miles on it now too, something like 85k tuned. Still an impressive dyno run.

genuineford

Reaction score
That is right inline with what I laid down on that dyno a few weeks back. I put down 449/709 on an exhaust, regulated return and truck source super panty dropper tune.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I did 451/999 in Feb. on stock air and fuel, PHP tuned 58v QuickTricks FICM, S&B intake and straight piped MBRP exhaust. Those numbers are every impressive though!

Latest posts

Members online