EC/LB Motor Build

Black AOD

Reaction score
Well my replacement Alradco Radiator is a POS that leaks (actually it gushes) straight out the front core weld. Pretty much furious about that. Original didn't even last 8 full months. New replacement didn't even last a day. So gonna try a Mishimoto V2 radiator out. UDP is a dealer for them and will have one here tomorrow. Swapping the Alradco I/C for a Precision Turbo I/C while its out as well. Don't trust the Alradco at this point. Never did like the weld job on it anyway.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
c112d0a836f9a7b4e8c992daf65ee857.jpg

Black AOD

Reaction score
Well The New Mishi V2 Radiator is in and the Precision Turbo I/C is in as well. Truck is done. Driving down today to pick it up. Got some good pics yesterday. I must say, the OUO stuff in person is very beefy and impressive!

uploadfromtaptalk1459005020287.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1459005034193.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1459005043322.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1459005051874.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
So question for all you experts....after getting my truck back, on cold starts after it has sat over night for roughly 10-12 hours, it starts obviously a little rough since its cold, then during idle it begins to output fairly decent amount of white smoke from the exhaust. The idle gets rough and a little choppy. This is the exact behavior I had before when one of my old injectors was bad and was sticking.

Anyways, Once you drive the truck and get it up to warmer temps it clears up and is fine and runs how it should. Should I maybe be checking the injectors again or is it just as simple as a possible revision in tuning on cold startup is needed ? Sort of worried it's an injector

FYI - set of injectors were bought BARELY used with 2-3k miles on the cores. Sent to RCD for inspection and flow testing and balancing. 6 injectors amazingly had to be replaced, 2 were deemed fine. 6 brand new injectors with 60% nozzles and the other 2 were tested amd balanced and sealed and already had good 60% nozzles.

So 6 are brand new and 2 are just barely used. And all of them were gone through by RCD within the past 3 months.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online