Ecoboost Tuning!

Gearhead

Reaction score
60hp on 93 octane with no power dropoff after 5000 rpms like some of the other stuff out there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
60hp on 93 octane with no power dropoff after 5000 rpms like some of the other stuff out there.

Thats pretty ***kin decent...how much attention to the trans have you given?

Just an fyi, in my fusion that was more exciting for me than the 285whp. In fact, given the choice, id have taken stock power and the trans improvement over nothing.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

Stock intake and exhaust? if so, what do you think it would do if you were to add a intake/exhaust?

Thanks

Gearhead

Reaction score
Just 60 hp over stock tuning. Honestly the stock airbox and exhaust work pretty well. My car has a magnaflow system on it but the real restriction is the factory cat arrangement. With the factory programming you would see no difference in power with any intake or exhaust mods. After programming you will see the limits of the stock downpipes.

turbie

Reaction score
I can't wait to get this thing tuned, its a beast with just a k&n panel filter and a magnaflow exhaust. I can't imagine it tuned. But, i'm willing to see!!

Powerstroker6.4

Reaction score
Pretty sure the 2011 is my buddy Dallas car. He absolutely loves the tuning.

I'm Dallas, and yes I like the tunes so far. Had an issue with cylinder 4 misfire. Ended up being the electrode being completely free from the rest of the plug. Waiting on Motorcraft SP 534 plugs next week, and then I run the tune again. I don't recommend a K&N filter, because some guys say it clogs the sensor. Your best bet is an AEM filter in the stock airbox. Cat-Back exhaust does nothing except sound. The only performance that comes from the exhaust would be aftermarket downpipes.

Atsah

Reaction score
I loaded Matt's tune in my SHO this morning, took it for a 100 mile ride, highway, hills and back roads, it is unbelievable how much power can be extracted from this platform. Transmission shifting and power throughout the RPM range is nothing short of impressive..

Matt, I will keep you up to date and if you need data logging or any other information from me let me know..

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thats awesome. I wanted to run his tunes in my fusion but i got tid if it quickly and the wife wint let me tune the sport because she is worried about burning up the trans or it becoming squirrely. She is already scared of it sometimes if its wet or snowy. Its a driftin sob in snow!!

02BigD

Reaction score
I loaded Matt's tune in my SHO this morning, took it for a 100 mile ride, highway, hills and back roads, it is unbelievable how much power can be extracted from this platform. Transmission shifting and power throughout the RPM range is nothing short of impressive..

Matt, I will keep you up to date and if you need data logging or any other information from me let me know..

Glad you are happy!

Are these tunes emissions compliant or are they requiring other modifications?

I've had the tunes on the Flex for little more than 2 weeks, on the Explorer for 10 days. No modifications to either vehicle. The transmission tuning is a huge difference from Ford junk. Firm and smooth. Power increase is clearly there, I wouldn't want to speculate on how much.

Put the wife's explorer back to stock this weekend, and she was having none of it by the time we got to the end of the street.

Atsah

Reaction score
Like?

As far as i know there isn't anything to do. Im under the impression its just tuning on a stock car.

Yup, my car is stock 2 bar map and all.. IDK about any of the other eco boost vehicles but my 14 SHO and this new one had some pretty terrible stock trans tuning, I was looking for better shifting more than anything and It just so happened Matt owns an SHO and has done extensive testing to his Taurus, the added power is just icing on the cake..

Atsah

Reaction score
T

I don't know if you experienced this with your X4 tuner Dom, but mine did some pretty weird stuff..

The first time I plugged in to get the strategy and serial # for Matt, I shut everything off, auto headlights, radio, closed all doors etc.. I plugged it in and my phone started dialing people, :doh:

When I got the tune I shut the phone sync off, the only weird thing that happened was my radio was reset, balance, fade base etc.. Matt told me this happens to him as well..

The tuner is a little buggy when it comes to the sync.. It's annoying that every time I plug in to datalog etc, I have to change everything back..

I did talk to SCT tech support and made them aware of my findings..

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Okay great!

Just curious if intake/exhaust modifications were taking place to run the tuning or if we were talking about tuning stock vehicles.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Tuning on completely stock vehicles. If you upgrade to a 3 bar map sensor on the transverse engine platform, it handles boost spikes better but the mod isn't totally necessary since I keep these cars below 15 psi for the most part. In the next month or so ill have some dyno numbers of stock vs tuned vs tuned with various bolt ons including the upgraded turbos I'm working on...

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Yeah turbos, exhaust, downpipes, intakes, ect.... I have heard great things from all of the upgrades.

You guys have some experience with the upgraded chargers and such?