Ecoboost Tuning!

Gearhead

Reaction score
Yeah turbos, exhaust, downpipes, intakes, ect.... I have heard great things from all of the upgrades.

You guys have some experience with the upgraded chargers and such?

Not yet... I have a pair waiting to go on the car after the high flow catted downpipes and after a long series of testing on the dyno...

02BigD

Reaction score
I don't know if you experienced this with your X4 tuner Dom, but mine did some pretty weird stuff..

The first time I plugged in to get the strategy and serial # for Matt, I shut everything off, auto headlights, radio, closed all doors etc.. I plugged it in and my phone started dialing people, :doh:

When I got the tune I shut the phone sync off, the only weird thing that happened was my radio was reset, balance, fade base etc.. Matt told me this happens to him as well..

The tuner is a little buggy when it comes to the sync.. It's annoying that every time I plug in to datalog etc, I have to change everything back..

I did talk to SCT tech support and made them aware of my findings..

The only thing I encountered was the radio stuff being reset for balance, fade, bass, mid and treble.

Your phone is possessed :D

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yup, my car is stock 2 bar map and all.. IDK about any of the other eco boost vehicles but my 14 SHO and this new one had some pretty terrible stock trans tuning, I was looking for better shifting more than anything and It just so happened Matt owns an SHO and has done extensive testing to his Taurus, the added power is just icing on the cake..

Yes. The trans tuning is bad. Its a universal thing. I know this us an sho thread but my only personal experience with tuning is the fusion and the trans tuning alone was worth doing it.

Atsah

Reaction score
So you have a facility like that when you time vehicles? No wonder your tunes run soo good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a pleasure to work with someone who goes above and beyond like he does along with his expertise.. It's pretty interesting stuff, I have learned a lot working with him..

RSK

Reaction score
99% sure they are hitting 500whp or damn close to it with the ecoboost in f150's... Full race was designing a turbo kit to so they can make some decent power that was years ago, haven't checked back on the thread in a while but i'll sure they have tested it a lot and sell complete bolt on turbo kits so 500whp is possible, it was over on the f150 forums if anyone is interested in an aftermarket turbo for their ecoboost f150 and more info on the eco boost

Powerstroker6.4

Reaction score
Ask Mike Bambic! But I would have to agree with you. I wish somebody would design one as good as Subaru awd systems..! I can't wait for better fueling upgrades too!

dsberman94

Reaction score
Just a heads up to you guys modding these motors, the long block is currently a 10-12 week waiting period from ford. Could even be longer depending on some variables. My buddy has had a truck stuck in his bay for a month now. I think they finally just pushed it outside today.

Reaction score
I have had my 2015 3.5 tuned from Matt for quite a while. Drive ability is super, definitely more power and a slight bump in mileage.

I have ate a few tuned 6.4's and more heavily modded 6.0's. Moves pretty decent for a stock truck.

Reaction score
I have had my 2015 3.5 tuned from Matt for quite a while. Drive ability is super, definitely more power and a slight bump in mileage.

I have ate a few tuned 6.4's and more heavily modded 6.0's. Moves pretty decent for a stock truck.

Are you referring to the 2015 F150 with the 3.5 or the Taurus Sho by the way? And have you ever strapped it down on a dyno?

Latest posts

Members online