EGR exhaust plates

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
How many of you guys prefer kits with the port for a pyro in the exhaust plate vs the kits that come blank with no port? Trying to gauge whether or not it's worth cutting both

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I thought about that as well. I haven't checked the thread on the probe though. Is it common? I remember working on a glow plug delete one time. Ford uses 'tarded threads on some of that stuff

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Most after market ones are 1/8" NPT and the stock DPF temp sensors are 1/4" NPT I believe depending on which way you go. 1/4" would limit you to only H&S tuning though.

12stroker

Reaction score
yeah the stock egt probe is different threads then a standard egt probe. Didn't h&s kit use the 3rd egt pyro in the exhaust? That would be cool if you could get it to work kind of like there kit used to.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
yeah the stock egt probe is different threads then a standard egt probe. Didn't h&s kit use the 3rd egt pyro in the exhaust? That would be cool if you could get it to work kind of like there kit used to.

Would you happen to know if that's 1/8npt? I'm probably gonna end up going that route(1/8npt) for simplicity sake. I don't want to leave people tuning limited

I get one of these right!? :)

I'd like one with stock dog sensor threads. Send it to me when you get it done. K thanks

Sí lol. I've got a beta plate with that pitch, iirc. I'll put it in with yours :D

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score

The d p f temp probes are all the same, PN # and all. Doesn't matter which you choose.

But that only works with their tuning and its a larger thread. A 1/8" NPT one will work for every one because all the after market probes are that size and most all tuners that have the capability to run one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.