EGR exhaust plates

12stroker

Reaction score
Yeah I understand what y'all are saying. But if these plates are aluminum it might be hard for some people to drill and retap. I have drilled and tapped manifolds before as well as a aluminum blocker plate when I had my dodge. I just didn't feel like I did it right due to the threads not coming out right. I was just asking since some would want to reuse a probe from the exhaust and plug it right in.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I hear you. These plates will be steel. I don't feel comfortable sending out aluminum pieces to handle the temperature load of such a item as this. Atleast from a reliability standpoint. I'll leave enough material for those interested in running a 1/4 probe to drill and tap the milled bung in the plate. Quick punch in a drill press and a run of a tap, shouldn't be anything the weekend warrior can't manage.

Vizsla

Reaction score
That may be what people will have to do. I'll be going 1/8npt

Is there enough room to tap for both?(looks like it). IDK, if there is, seems it would please everyone. Tap for both, plug both and let them choose, everybody happy.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Is there enough room to tap for both?(looks like it). IDK, if there is, seems it would please everyone. Tap for both, plug both and let them choose, everybody happy.

May be something to look into. I like the simplicity of one port, especially cosmetics. Good idea though!

12stroker

Reaction score
Yeah I think one port will be better. And if we wanted to run a egt probe from the exhaust we will just have to drill it out. That sounds like the best thing to do.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Daniel I thought that you were a totally different person on here with a very similar avatar picture... Lol I only knew you as dodge dbag

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
I dont mean to hijack your thread, but Im actually doing the delete or plates soon but need some advice on which direction I should go..Posted this in the H&S section and didnt get any responses...

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39992

As of now Im debating on calling H&S, and either paying for a custom tune just to enable the EGT monitoring after the delete/plate kit, or just put the project on hold until more tuning options become available....Thing is I really dont know, even if I bought the minimaxx and enabled the factory pyro settings for the plates, if it would be supported because of that idatalink module tapping into the obdII Port. (If none of this makes sense, the idatalink maestro module allows ObdII monitoring and reads all parameters that the PCM allows, and lets you see the gauges on your aftermarket nav radio. I have a kenwood DNX570HD, but they make the modules for apline, other kenwoods, pioneers, etc)

Colton or absolute, or anyone, if yall know of anything or can be of any help give me a shout as Ill be doing the delete soon

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online