elite 72mm atmo

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Nice work man!
Do I want to do this? lol. Do you have studs?
Also, is this a simple R&R, no tuning etc? Just a better, more efficient turbo?
Thanks.

Yes, exactly as BFT put it. I have not studded my truck but I believe I will need to soon. I have somewhere around 45 passes on stock bolts and trans with stock turbos. Everything still shifts great and the trans can't be slipping much because it only goes up 5 degrees with a full pass. Talked with Matt at gearhead and he said there is nothing needed. Its a amazing difference and well worth the money and headache it cost me. I could not be more happy. I font think my rears are going to last long.

BFT

Reaction score
The OP is running the 72 (72.4) the 71 is also a very good option, you can't go wrong with either

one2nine

Reaction score
My 71 runs great so I imagine the 72 is all that much better. Glad to hear you got everything together and running!

6.4psd916

Reaction score
So, I have a small oil leak coming off the back of the drivers side head and uppipe. Can see anything but guessing the oil drain or feed on that side. Thoughts? I'll attack it in a few hours.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Everything got changed. The feed out the the oil cooler top isnt leaking, same with the atmo side feed or drain, I think either the valve cover somehow, or the vgt drain. I'll let it cool the check when I do the fuel filters later. I'll pull the fuel cooler and junk to get a better look.

BFT

Reaction score
Could be the drain as well. I always change all of the o rings on the drains. Make sure to lube them when installing so they don't get damaged.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Thanks, I oiled everything up before install. Maybe the vgt one was damaged when I was trying to the the turbos in place. It went on a off a few times till I figured out the atmo drain issue.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Definitely the drain, I could feel a gap on the back side from it not being fully seated. Little wiggle with the pry bar and hopefully good to go. And who is the genius that put a wiring harness right behind the frame fuel filter, another inch of space and it would have been soo much better.

Latest posts

Members online