elite or diesel dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I tried other set ups that didn't work,nothing worse then buying something twice. That's why the second time around I went with elites set up.

Jeremy was nice and offered to help me out the first time around, and I.appreciated the offer but had already moved on.

3brorce

Reaction score
How long ago was this that you had the problem with Jeremy's?

blk350on20s

Reaction score
It was jeremeys cp3 setup that dustin had the problem. Not k16 twins. Controlling the cp3 was the problem

3brorce

Reaction score
Gotcha so it was an old setup or the first one he made

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Nope I got a picture of a local paper with lubeowners going out of business sale, shortly after he quit paying his membership.

I agree that not all vendors customer service is the best, me personally I would rather see money spent on someone who makes this site run...so you can ask questions like this...

I have a business license and I have access to nearly every mass made product and I've had an open business and I understand the mess and headache of a brick/mortar shop. As far as warranties are concerned, unless it is a one-off custom item, the larger business will handle it. However, even if phil wasn't a sponsor shall we venture to say that he would have handled corbs tc issue. BTS isn't a sponsor but I'd sure as hell buy a 4R from the guy.

For arguments sake maybe Jermey is closing his physical shop but even yesterday I was speaking to a partner of his and anything Jeremy makes, IIRC, is still going to be available for the pulling community. I won't say much more as I don't want to mis-inform or give out super secret info, and thankfully I saw some awesome stuff in prototype.

I see where you are coming from w/ the site costs. And, I appreciate that but I've been "burned" so many times from sponsors I tend to avoid them, sad to say. But will PSA be like PSN where you and others started? I was on thedieselstop when it was ford-diesel back in 1999 and both sites were bought out by a commercial entity IIRC.

But either way there does need to be vendor accountability when issues occur so they are reputable sources to deal w/. Unfortunately when someone calls out a vendor directly, it becomes like a gigantic Jr.high fight w/ name calling, mods threatening to ban members, etc., etc.. At least the dozers diesel issue was dealt w/.

My bad for off-topic OP,
Good luck!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I had issues with an empire set up

Jeremy offered to help...

As far as the site being sold out, not for awhile.

Lawfully we can't deny anyone sponsorship if they want to pay, that's the unfortunate part sometimes.

This isn't the same case as dozers

lubeowner

Reaction score
I owned at one point 9 quick lubes. This past fall we closed one. Diesel Dr. Is not part of our lube chain. Funny how the same guy seems to continue to spread the same half truths to all the Mods to make me look bad. I didn't renew my sponsorship here for one reason and it had nothing to do with money. It was the lies and here they still are. I am glad I am not a sponsor here, Diesel Dr. business has never been better.

I never touched or worked on Dustin's truck. I had at that point built several trucks running cp3 kit. I offered to help Dustin out on his truck for free when it wasn't working right. He said Tadd already made him and offer he could refuse. So it was left at that.

jdgleason

Reaction score
If it were me, I would look at which kit has proven itself over and over. Elites kit has been around the longest and iirc, several trucks with that setup have set several records.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Funny how the same guy seems to continue to spread the same half truths to all the Mods to make me look bad. I didn't renew my sponsorship here for one reason and it had nothing to do with money. It was the lies and here they still are. I am glad I am not a sponsor here, Diesel Dr. business has never been better.

Jeremy was nice and offered to help me out the first time around, and I.appreciated the offer but had already moved on

Jeremy I'm not picking sides but if you're talking about Dustin I've never heard one bad word from his mouth about you

Sent from my SCH-I535

Dzchey21

Reaction score
It's cool Jeremy and I have never got along for whatever reason, and that's fine. According to the info I had Jeremy was out of business, he didn't post on here after he didn't renew except to trash on the site. He claimed we were letting other companies do one thing and not letting him do the same. I will admit we did change some rules for vendors posting a couple times as we expanded and developed our own style away from psn, growing pains you might call them and maybe Jeremy got left out on some of the changes I'm unsure. But communication is a two way street.

Good for you doing well Jeremy hope you the best and that's the honest truth I have and won't have hard feelings for the past.

Hope we can get back on track as far as this thread goes.

Plenty of working options out there right now up to you on how you want your tick to be built.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I bought my diesel Dr kit brand new from him. Comes with everything you need but the top mount alternator and pump... I bought a 40k mile pump off a member for 250 and a new aftermarket higher amp alternator for 280. I will say it looks top notch. I know most on here don't like Jeremy for his business antics and what not but he always replied to my texts or phone calls and got the kit to me ASAP. I've never bought a product from elite and I probably never will because of how many people have gotten on these forums and complained about not being replied to, not receiving parts for months on end when elite was holding their money. Not to mention the prices of most products. I understand r&d is expensive, but there are many things they sell that if you have the skill and ability you can put together for less then half.

In all honesty, both kits are going to do the same exact thing. What it came down to for me was price

Last edited by a moderator:

lubeowner

Reaction score
Jeremy I'm not picking sides but if you're talking about Dustin I've never heard one bad word from his mouth about you

Sent from my SCH-I535

I am not talking about Dustin. That is the problem with the internet, people dont read what was typed. I said "same person spreading lie TO the mods." Dustin said he received a picture of our closing ad from the local paper. It was only run in the Dubuque paper, wonder who would have taken that and spread it around?

White_monster

Reaction score
Both companies have pros and cons. I have the elite twin k16 kit but there are things about the diesel dr. kit I wish I had. Neither are perfect so pick the kit that fits you the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.