Engine 911, driver bank not firing

campbellflage

Reaction score
Truck died last night on me, got a p1316 code and I was thinking maybe ucvh went bad, but this am I replaced it and the gasket just to be sure, went to fire it up and still nothing, codes are p0603, p0475, p1316,p0541

Jomax

Reaction score
Are you able to do an injector buzz test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
did you find any specific damage in the harness plug? How did all the plugs on that bank ohm out? Did you buzz them?

Funny that there is another thread for exact same thing..Our old junk is baffling sometimes lol

campbellflage

Reaction score
don't have the tools to do a buzz test, i tried to omh them out, but I think I am doing it wrong, I even tried to unplug each injector one at a time to see if a solenoid was bad taking the bank out, and nothing

campbellflage

Reaction score
did you find any specific damage in the harness plug? How did all the plugs on that bank ohm out? Did you buzz them?

Funny that there is another thread for exact same thing..Our old junk is baffling sometimes lol

The drivers side last injector by the firewall plug basically crumbled when I removed it, but the electrical plugs itself didn't look burnt or anything.

Jomax

Reaction score
It's hard to say without scanning it.

It's pointing towards a bad IDM

And IIRC, if you can still do a buzz test, the IDM is still good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

campbellflage

Reaction score
just tried to ohm them out again, 3.4 for each injector pin to the middle pin sound right or all bad? or am I on the wrong setting on the ohm meter?

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
I think that sounds about right for ohms. I have a thread I just started yesterday having the same issue on my pass. Side bank. I got a new IDM to try should be here today or tomorrow. If you don't figure it out by then I will let you know if it fixs mine. If you get if figured out before I post up please share your fix !

campbellflage

Reaction score
I think that sounds about right for ohms. I have a thread I just started yesterday having the same issue on my pass. Side bank. I got a new IDM to try should be here today or tomorrow. If you don't figure it out by then I will let you know if it fixs mine. If you get if figured out before I post up please share your fix !

WIll do, Need this back on the road, Its my main transportation!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Id be looking for diagnostics. If you send your idm in and its good then undortunately you have a hvhf idm but the problem is unaddressed.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I think swamps has an idm troubleshooting procedure on their website.

TyCorr

Reaction score
No its not there...i looked

When i had trouble, i put a known good one in.

campbellflage

Reaction score
No its not there...i looked

When i had trouble, i put a known good one in.

Im kinda sol as far as that goes, i dont know anyone local with a 7.3. Hate to chuck parts at it, but i can either buy a crap autozone one or buy the swamps one, I was going to in the future, just still not positive thats what it is, I can't think of anything else that would take out one bank.

Latest posts

Members online