Engine 911, driver bank not firing

mandkole

Reaction score
I keep saying it, but this is where I just love the scan gauge. You could have had those codes cleared, the buzz done and it provides data all the time. Agree its more complete, but AE is much more clumsy and rarely needed for most troubleshooting needs.

The 1316 is a general code that is often said to be resolved in the wiring. As ty said, at least make sure the wiring harness up to the IDM is not causing issues. Ohm everything out to the injectors and GPs. Swamps can help with testing your IDM.

campbellflage

Reaction score
I keep saying it, but this is where I just love the scan gauge. You could have had those codes cleared, the buzz done and it provides data all the time. Agree its more complete, but AE is much more clumsy and rarely needed for most troubleshooting needs.

The 1316 is a general code that is often said to be resolved in the wiring. As ty said, at least make sure the wiring harness up to the IDM is not causing issues. Ohm everything out to the injectors and GPs. Swamps can help with testing your IDM.
harness I replaced this am, as well as the gasket, it ohms out good, Cps cause a one bank to fire? I replaced it a couple thousand ago with an international one.

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
My thought was it's cheap and easy to fix, and rules out a no start situation. If for sure have 1 side firing then it wouldn't be a cps but something wiring related to the opposite side.

campbellflage

Reaction score
My thought was it's cheap and easy to fix, and rules out a no start situation. If for sure have 1 side firing then it wouldn't be a cps but something wiring related to the opposite side.

It's for sure only 1 bank firing, pass side firing driver bank no bueno. I can swap it out just for s and g but I don't think it's that, thanks for the thought though!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Did you try wiggling the 42 pin while its running and see if it recovers?

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Installed my new IDM and same thing pulled all 8 Injectors and I can tell by the nozzles that only 5 of the 8 have been firing the short time the truck has ran

Jomax

Reaction score
thats not what I wanted to hear... Mine ran great then just died when idling.. I don't know.

My old truck had that issue from the previous owner. Truck was driving and just dies.

Ended up being the orings were so worn out, there was no oil pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arisley

Reaction score
Personally, just a WAG. Theses trucks are getting OLD. Regardless of mileage, if I was replacing o-rings, I would at the very least scrub out the injector cups with with a green scotchbrite pad. I would actually lean towards simply replacing them if I could afford it.

campbellflage

Reaction score
Personally, just a WAG. Theses trucks are getting OLD. Regardless of mileage, if I was replacing o-rings, I would at the very least scrub out the injector cups with with a green scotchbrite pad. I would actually lean towards simply replacing them if I could afford it.

I don't think that is my situation, my bank isn't firing at all so I have to figure out that before I start doing orings for no reason

Jomax

Reaction score

WAG?

Jomax

Reaction score
I don't think that is my situation, my bank isn't firing at all so I have to figure out that before I start doing orings for no reason

Have you tried doing a leak down on each oil rail? You can use compressed air to check for leaks.

Arisley

Reaction score

Completely agree, check wiring, especially grounds.

My comment was based on how many of these similar issues have been popping up recently.

WAG?

WAG = Wild Ass Guess

Have you tried doing a leak down on each oil rail? You can use compressed air to check for leaks.

This also, however, if one entire bank went down at on time, I would be looking first for something common to the entire bank.

Latest posts

Members online