Evans Waterless Coolant

PsRumors

Reaction score
My oil cooler needs to be resealed, when it turned off cool last fall it put some coolant on the ground and every once in a while I get a whiff of coolant. The truck is also due for an oil change and coolant change.

While I am doing the reseal, coolant flush and oil change I figure this would be the perfect time to do Evans IF I was going to use Evans.

I've read some thoughts here for the 6.0 and 6.4 but couldn't find info in regards to the 7.3s especially the eary 7.3s

One of the reasons I am thinking Evans is the good ole green coolant seems to be harder and harder to find. You can find the 50/50 mix but straight green coolant is tough to find around here.

Thoughts?

Bugman

Reaction score
Extended life coolants are not recommended for OBS trucks due to the fact that they are not comparable with the sealant used on things like the injector cups.

Some have used them and got away with no problems

Green coolant is still all over the place, at least where I look. NAPA still stocks a low silicant coolant under the NAPA brand, and then there is always Final Charge.

Last edited:

PsRumors

Reaction score
I know Evans is a lifetime coolant but it isn't the same as the generic ELC orange coolant, is it?

Napa here says they have not had green coolant in a couple years, they can order it I am sure.

JD3020

Reaction score
How can you not find normal green coolant? Its everywhere around here. We usually run Zerex G-05(g-07 maybe?)in all of our stuff, the Napa i deal with usually has a couple cases of concentrate in stock.

05wh250

Reaction score
If you have a big truck parts supplier around you, check them. Company I work for gets it by the drum from a place called Fleetpride.

Bugman

Reaction score
I have found that stores like NAPA and Auto Zone stock what they sell a lot of.

Since it will take around 4 gallons of concentrate I would just order a case from NAPA and be done with it. For topping off the coolant then the 50/50 would be alright unless you want to make up your own.

The last bottle that I got from NAPA had only NAF 1gal for a part number but it is low silicate concentrate antifreeze

old man dave

Reaction score
I know Evans is a lifetime coolant but it isn't the same as the generic ELC orange coolant, is it?

Napa here says they have not had green coolant in a couple years, they can order it I am sure.[/QUOTE

The guys in the past who used Evans used a 0 psi pressure cap. Apparently Evans doesn't boil at normal engine temperatures.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I run evans in everything. The high performance coolant is designed for non removable cylinder liner engines. Actually go to they're site and read the info. It's awesome stuff. And yes i have put it in 7.3s. Its fine. No water, and you can run 0 pressure system.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

Napa here says they have not had green coolant in a couple years, they can order it I am sure.[/QUOTE

The guys in the past who used Evans used a 0 psi pressure cap. Apparently Evans doesn't boil at normal engine temperatures.

They still want 0 pressure. At 0 psi the boil point is 375 degrees.

Latest posts

Members online