Famous 6.7 tick after oil change

hirevn

Reaction score
I am on my second oil change now, the dealer did the first change as it was free with the deal. The first oil change was at 3k miles with whatever oil the dealer used and i just changed it myself with Rotella T6 the other day at 7k miles, so far my 2012 with 7k miles has never ticked.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Has anyone pulled the trigger on the 5w-40 extreme blue that has the REAL DEAL tick to see for the change???

Ragu9000

Reaction score
I bought my truck with 58k and did not tick (bone stock). I changed the oil at 64k with T6 and it began. Im at 70k now and it still ticks. It REALLY bothers me.

When are you guys changing. Service book says wait till the screen tells you. But I dont like that. Truck is towed with practically never.

Thinking of trying the Extreme Blue

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The delo I switched to stopped ticking after about 100 miles. Hasn't ticked since... as black as the oil has been the last 2 times ive pulled the drain plug, I can't see going more then 5k on an oil change.

live life full throttle....
load it like a box car, drive it like a stock car..

sagebel

Reaction score
I ran Extreme Blue in the '11 and no tick. The '12 is due for it's first oil change soon and will the Extreme Blue as well.

c.jank

Reaction score
Bought the truck at 42k with no tick, changed the oil to Royal Purple at 40k and the tick began.. what is this extreme blue stuff? would you recommend switching to it?

12stroker

Reaction score
Bought the truck at 42k with no tick, changed the oil to Royal Purple at 40k and the tick began.. what is this extreme blue stuff? would you recommend switching to it?

valvoline-premium-blue-extreme-5w40-hilux-ranger-amarok_MLA-F-4159924935_042013.jpg

Latest posts

Members online