Farmers Injectors......

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Derek, given I do not know what o rings were used on them.when they came back from Mike, and they looked exactly like the ones I got from Clay, I'm not going to say which way it was...but yes, it was about 6 months, and the top oil ring sheared in half.

New set with double stacked steel up top, no more problem

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yeah unfortunately all the rings do look similar. You wont have an issue with the ones you got from Clay.

That exact same failure is what we experienced on almost every set we ever sold. Replaced them with quality o-rings and issue resolved.

These are all in trucks running 2800-3200psi

2000wa250

Reaction score
Well good to know. However I really don't count that as a mechanical problem with the injector. Annoyance? Yes. Problem? No.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well good to know. However I really don't count that as a mechanical problem with the injector. Annoyance? Yes. Problem? No.

The builder uses **** o rings on the outside, what makes you think he is not using **** O rings on the internals, as well as **** parts.

Why you guys stand up for that turd I cant understand...

Joe's injectors have been back 4 times now, brand new sets coming out with missing screws, loose armatures, not working out of the box???

ya, he's a great builder.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score

Completely agree sir!

unfortunately though, especially in Michael's case, the quality of the components he installs on his injectors speaks volumes about the quality of everything else. You skimp/cheap out in one area and it begins to spread quickly.
The nozzles we have found one some units are those that 95% of builders stopped using 6-7 years ago because of extreme issues.

I will stop there. Like I have always said, Mike has helped us numerous times. We are not here to bash. And we have quietly begun using a different builder.
Good luck to those continuing to support... hopefully things change for the good!

2000wa250

Reaction score
Oh believe me, I've noticed as well, there has been a significant drop in quality in the last year. Personally as much as I like Mike, I think he needs to get caught up on his day to day work, his personal bs that seems to be following him like a plague, and find a group of employees that he trusts and does quality work. After all that is dobe...then go back to injectors.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Well, when you run PW out to 10ms it tells the true story, and Farmer injectors are balanced better than anyone else. Because at 2ms he found variations, that went away at 10ms. So 10ms is the way to flow bench them...

Anybody else remember that?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I'd like see a video of an SRP1 truck with 160/30 injectors and 10ms PW tune

Running a DP Tuner 80E tune

Maybe throw some cryod PMR rods into the mix for good measure

The popping and crackling of the IDM freaking out would only be matched by the popping and crackling of the rods bouncing off pavement.

P.S. I know Jody has made a lot of changes, but the 80E I had back then had some pretty generous PW LOL

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in on this thread, I have Farmers injectors and have never experienced these horrid stories but I know that as of late the products have been horrible. Unfortunately quality control went out the door.

Mine run great and are a kick in the pants. Good to see Derek is making things right with customers, service like that goes far in the industry.

V-Ref

Reaction score
The popping and crackling of the IDM freaking out would only be matched by the popping and crackling of the rods bouncing off pavement.

P.S. I know Jody has made a lot of changes, but the 80E I had back then had some pretty generous PW LOL

:)

Definitely wasn't meant to bash on DP TUNER. ..just a poke at the same stuff that seems to gets beat on over and over again.

The Infinity-DX they have looks bad ass. Haven't heard of anyone running one.

Ok...derail over :)

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been throwing around the idea of picking up their infinity. Jonathan @ Dynoproven had nothing but great things to say about it when I was down there some months back.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
And you had the truck running for all of 30 minutes.

Guys a 100% douche...

I hear Joebob sent his injectors back again to him... for the 4th or 5th time now... How many times can you screw up a 300/100 build?

Farmer is full of excuses. When he got Joebob's injectors back he claimed they were damaged in shipping and some other BS. Basically the same run-around story Joebob got when I sent the injectors back to Mike for him, and the same crap he's pulled on other people as well. Why anyone would waste their time having him "build" them injectors at this point is beyond me.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Farmer is full of excuses. When he got Joebob's injectors back he claimed they were damaged in shipping and some other BS. Basically the same run-around story Joebob got when I sent the injectors back to Mike for him, and the same crap he's pulled on other people as well. Why anyone would waste their time having him "build" them injectors at this point is beyond me.

The other site likes koolaid ?

BigRedDiesel

Reaction score
I bought a set of Farmers 160's for a great price through a vendor here and when i received them, several had gouges scars on the bodies (no biggie, wasnt affecting the orings) one injector had a broken plug that was BARELY still useable and another injector has a loose solenoid......

Crap I think I'm going through the same thing right now. I had the same issues with mine when I unpacked them except I didn't have a broken plug.

Here is what I'm going through right now...

Last Thursday I noticed the truck was taking longer than normal to start. Looked like it was taking longer to built HPO. I stopped on my way home from work to pick up some WVO and it wouldn't start. ICP reading 249 while cranking. Unplugged ICP sensor and AE was showing 2196 psi (I guess the default pressure) still no start.

Got two ICP codes. One low voltage one extended crank time.
Checked IPR nut, it's tight. Checked IPR plug it's on. Checked HPOP reservoir, it's full. Fuse 30 is good.

ICP sensor plug has a little oil on it, new one will be here tomorrow. I know the sensor needs to be replaced but it should have started while it was unplugged if it was the sensor.

Going to take out IPR and check it tomorrow but thinking my HPOP may have gone bad since the extended cranking has gotten progressively worse......

And this is what happened tonight:

I installed a new ICP sensor and new IPR. I refilled the HPOP reservoir and tried to start. It took a while to build oil pressure but it started. I let it come up to temperature and was going to take it for a ride. I decided to shut if off first and start it back up to be certain I had the fix.

Once I shut it off it wouldn't restart. It still won't build over 260 PSI of HPO.

I'm at a loss here. I'm really starting to lean towards a bad T500. I emailed Terminator yesterday and am waiting on a reply.

So now I guess it's time for me to pull the valve covers and see if I have a poppet issue also.

blk99

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad injector oring....

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online