Fastest 6.7

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Anyone else notice the truck is a lariat? It even had the nav and all still in the dash, that's pretty baller lol!
I like the license plate to- FoMoGo
When will this company release the trip kit for us?! I'm game! :D

cowboy_dan

Reaction score
Why is that?

Turbulence.
When the air flows over the cab, there is what is known as a boundry layer where the speed of the air changes based on how far away from the cab you measure it.
The trouble happens when the air reaches the end of the cab.
At the back of the cab, some of the air tries to stay attached to the cab and curls under, causing a large rotating bubble of air in the bed. All that rotating motion requires energy, and that energy is coming from the burning of fuel.
If you can keep the bubble in the same place, you can keep the same turbulence, and the same energy consumption.
By removing the tail gate, you change the whole air flow pattern and allow that curling mass of air to basically roll out the tailgate. When that happens, there is tremendous turbulence as more air rushes in to take the place of the curling mass, but it rushes in from all sides and looks like someone handed a 1yo kid a crayon to draw the flow lines. All that confusion costs a lot of power/energy. Eventually the flow settles down and it makes a new curling mass, which eventually rolls out the bed and it all starts again.

If you keep the tailgate up, you can keep that same mass of air behind the cab in the bed, and control the turbulence.

If you use a fast-back like bed cover (think Dave Whitmer), you can keep the flow from separating until it gets to the back of the tailgate, completely eliminating the turbulence in the bed.
Personally I'm extremely surprised they didn't do something like that with this truck. If Dave can get +3MPG with his tapered bed cover, it'd probably be worth at least 5MPH in a race or timed run.

08murderedout

Reaction score
I wonder if they still had dpf and everything. Truck deffinally had some tuning, looked almost like a duramax with EFI live haha

TheBigNasty

Reaction score
10eca14a.png

I don't believe those are tripples.... One atmosphere feeding two high pressure isn't how it's typically done. Looks more like they split it going into the a/w I/c.

Think I read somewhere it was a 72 or 75mm s400.

Minzbig

Reaction score
I don't believe those are tripples.... One atmosphere feeding two high pressure isn't how it's typically done. Looks more like they split it going into the a/w I/c.

Think I read somewhere it was a 72 or 75mm s400.

Single turbo, garret 75mm gt4202.
What you see it the twin air to water inter cooler piping running to the bed of the truck to an ice water tank.

amarillo250

Reaction score
where can I find the speed option on the Ford web site to order this special edition set up. Can we order this as an option like the FX4 pack????

HoustonRider

Reaction score
yep, I went Friday night, it was dark, but walking thru the Ford area, I saw it too... low and sleek (compared to my F250 apartment/truck) lol

it was very cool to see it there.

BFinMO

Reaction score
Crazy fast but I wonder why the CC? Wheel base for stability? Thinking the reduced weight of a Reg cab would offset the driver.

Latest posts

Members online