Feedback on running bigger conventional injectors

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I currently run a 250/125 from Craig. certainly not enough fuel....interested in following this I was under the impression that 285/100 was really at the limits of a conventional. I have 2 injectors now that are no good, been hesitant to pull them out because im back and forth between going with hybrids and going bigger. with my air, I fall short on fuel for sure.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I currently run a 250/125 from Craig. certainly not enough fuel....interested in following this I was under the impression that 285/100 was really at the limits of a conventional. I have 2 injectors now that are no good, been hesitant to pull them out because im back and forth between going with hybrids and going bigger. with my air, I fall short on fuel for sure.

Well, I feel like I'm limited by the lack of fuel since my truck dynoed 793, what, two years ago, and two sets of different sized turbos, still ended up at 798.
Yes, the hpo line blew off the last time on the dyno before it could make a full run...but, it may have been mid, to low 800. I believe I have reached the max potential of the 285/100 conventional injector without the use of nitrous.

I now have the air for over 1000, but will be.....sorry, scratch that.....SHOULD be happy to make that, and call it quits.
Just wanna make sure it my last injector change for this truck.
I want to be sure it's going to make 1k on the dyno...not 999...1000. If it goes over, that's fine too.:p

little luke

Reaction score
I know of at least one other that ran 285s and had the same issue I did. With hybrids you can actually go as small as 190cc. Most hybrids you typically see are really big because they can push a lot of fuel. Honestly I never thought I would go to hybrids because of the injection pressure loss but I've had no issues with these yet.

Sry to derail this, but I have a question. What would be the point of going with a hybrid 190cc as opposed to a conventional the same size?

JGman141

Reaction score
Sry to derail this, but I have a question. What would be the point of going with a hybrid 190cc as opposed to a conventional the same size?

There is no reason to do a hybrid that small, I just wanted to point out that hybrids don't have to be big cc. It is true that it will use less oil LOL

Dieselmore

Reaction score
JGMAN141 I see you are running twin pumps with your 430 hybrids. Do you know at what point you need the volume of twin pumps for larger hybrids. I spoke with Warren diesel couple days ago about some larger hybrids to pair with my S475 to put me in the 1k range. I'm going to be running a dyno proven honey badger. He was thinking like a 330-360/150 hybrid would fit the bill. Just wondering on your real world experience what your thought was on how much oil is needed on these larger hybrids

swinky

Reaction score
JGMAN141 I see you are running twin pumps with your 430 hybrids. Do you know at what point you need the volume of twin pumps for larger hybrids. I spoke with Warren diesel couple days ago about some larger hybrids to pair with my S475 to put me in the 1k range. I'm going to be running a dyno proven honey badger. He was thinking like a 330-360/150 hybrid would fit the bill. Just wondering on your real world experience what your thought was on how much oil is needed on these larger hybrids
That's still dual pump territory imo

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Wayne

Reaction score
Sub'd for feedback on different setups. I've got a set of 300/150 conventionals built by RCD I'm running in a blown/turboed setup of a customer's. Just endlessly waiting on machining of a custom crank pulley for the blower, and it's done. The first setup I tried, I loved it, but I know it has more power on tap where I wasn't driving the blower very hard.

KCTurbos

Reaction score

I know there is a "standard" that a stock hpop can keep up with 190-205 conventional injectors... but I have yet to have a customer with that experience if they run a descent PW (like 2.4ms). They usually hover around the 3.7-4.2v with 190-205 conventional injectors... so theoretically a hybrid even at that size could increase ICP... but you will sacrifice a little injection pressure.

I have only had 1 customer run 190/100 hybrids and he loved them. Made a nice clean 630hp with full ICP and never had any issues.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I would like to error on the too much fuel side, instead of not enough.
Maybe 385/150 hybrids?

jngreen

Reaction score
Well, I feel like I'm limited by the lack of fuel since my truck dynoed 793, what, two years ago, and two sets of different sized turbos, still ended up at 798.
Yes, the hpo line blew off the last time on the dyno before it could make a full run...but, it may have been mid, to low 800. I believe I have reached the max potential of the 285/100 conventional injector without the use of nitrous.

I now have the air for over 1000, but will be.....sorry, scratch that.....SHOULD be happy to make that, and call it quits.
Just wanna make sure it my last injector change for this truck.
I want to be sure it's going to make 1k on the dyno...not 999...1000. If it goes over, that's fine too.:p

I think I would talk to Jesse Warren, Jaran Holder, Shawn Ellerton, and maybe Craig from MPD because they have all been there with a 6.0. There has probably only been a handful of 6.0 trucks over 1000 hp on fuel.

Are you wanting to stay fuel only? Nitrous on your current set-up might get you close to 1000hp. My point is you can probably run tamer injectors to get to 1000 if you use nitrous.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I think I would talk to Jesse Warren, Jaran Holder, Shawn Ellerton, and maybe Craig from MPD because they have all been there with a 6.0. There has probably only been a handful of 6.0 trucks over 1000 hp on fuel.

Are you wanting to stay fuel only? Nitrous on your current set-up might get you close to 1000hp. My point is you can probably run tamer injectors to get to 1000 if you use nitrous.

im in a different boat, I don't want to run dual pumps, however with the size of my truck, originally I was going to be happy with a 7-750 nitrous number. thinking I also have plenty of air, fueling is my issue. Might consider a set of 300/100 hybrids but well see......waiting to hear back from craig...

JGman141

Reaction score

Convintional is about 225, hybrid 7mm is around 285, and hybrid 8mm is about 330. You also have to factor in nozzle size, bigger the nozzle the more oil hungery they will be.

swinky

Reaction score
im in a different boat, I don't want to run dual pumps, however with the size of my truck, originally I was going to be happy with a 7-750 nitrous number. thinking I also have plenty of air, fueling is my issue. Might consider a set of 300/100 hybrids but well see......waiting to hear back from craig...
I think that's going to need more than a 100 nozzle.

Extended Power

Reaction score

I have spoke to Jesse, Rykan, and Shawn.
Shawn said to leave it alone two years ago.
Jesse is getting the injectors...they were sent to him yesterday.

Yes...fuel only.
I consider nitrous a cheat....since you can't depend on it to be there all the time.
Turbos....they are there all the time.
And yes, it could probably hit 900 with nitrous...but it just doesn't sound the same as hitting 900/1000 on fuel only.
Once it hits 1k on fuel...I'll probably sell it, and start a different project.

swinky

Reaction score
I have spoke to Jesse, Rykan, and Shawn.
Shawn said to leave it alone two years ago.
Jesse is getting the injectors...they were sent to him yesterday.

Yes...fuel only.
I consider nitrous a cheat....since you can't depend on it to be there all the time.
Turbos....they are there all the time.
And yes, it could probably hit 900 with nitrous...but it just doesn't sound the same as hitting 900/1000 on fuel only.
Once it hits 1k on fuel...I'll probably sell it, and start a different project.
You get my pm about the dual pumps?

Can you go anymore aggressive with your cam?

Latest posts

Members online