FICM Advice????

03-Blue-Powerstroke

Reaction score
I have an FICM that does the same thing. It will show 48 volts all day but, the truck does not run right with it. When I switch to my spare it works. Both have the same flash as well.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
its a reminder for morons who think they are gassers dont start them until it stops... those with early strategies that buzz after you turn the truck off are for the hangover crowd..

strokin6L

Reaction score
its a reminder for morons who think they are gassers dont start them until it stops... those with early strategies that buzz after you turn the truck off are for the hangover crowd..

He was talking about the buzzing when you Key on...not off. When you key on, it's the spool valves cycling...which is normal. However, there was a earlier ford flash which cycled the injectors when the truck was turned off to splash oil out of the tops of the injectors...i had this flash at one point.

Last edited:

strokin6L

Reaction score
Why I ask is because the buzzing tone has changed lately

if the buzzing sound/tone has changed when you key on to cycle the glow plugs before you crank on it....it pretty much means the spool valves are sticking really bad. If that is what yours sounds like...i would hafta bet that your truck starts rough and has a rough idle when cold...right?

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
if the buzzing sound/tone has changed when you key on to cycle the glow plugs before you crank on it....it pretty much means the spool valves are sticking really bad. If that is what yours sounds like...i would hafta bet that your truck starts rough and has a rough idle when cold...right?

Yup it does lol so now would be a good time to send the injectors to Jess?

strokin6L

Reaction score
if you don't drive the truck in the winter...then this would be a good time to pull the injectors and send them to Jesse and have him go through them. Maybe even make them 190's

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
He was talking about the buzzing when you Key on...not off. When you key on, it's the spool valves cycling...which is normal. However, there was a earlier ford flash which cycled the injectors when the truck was turned off to splash oil out of the tops of the injectors...i had this flash at one point.

I know this...

And for the record those with inductive heating strategies will have a progressive buzz sound when it gets colder out. I have an inductive heating flash and it starts slow but gets faster as it nears its buzz cycle. I have brand new injectors, a good ficm, brand new batteries and it still does it, and starts perfectly fine

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
if you don't drive the truck in the winter...then this would be a good time to pull the injectors and send them to Jesse and have him go through them. Maybe even make them 190's

I started the truck today the buzzing sounds weak, started the truck let it warm up smoking grey blueish smoke burns my eyes.. drove the truck for 25 mins or so and shut it off and the buzzing sounds way stronger. Also when you first start the truck when cold the battery light comes on is that normal? I have brand new batteries and the proper ones this time.

97strokn&smokn

Reaction score
I dont see the 58v mod necassary ive never seen the advantage to them. I run into FICM problems alot in the shop it always seems to be a vibration problem more than anything.

97strokn&smokn

Reaction score
I started the truck today the buzzing sounds weak, started the truck let it warm up smoking grey blueish smoke burns my eyes.. drove the truck for 25 mins or so and shut it off and the buzzing sounds way stronger. Also when you first start the truck when cold the battery light comes on is that normal? I have brand new batteries and the proper ones this time.

What type of oil are you running in your truck.?

strokin6L

Reaction score
so far since i removed my ID moderate tuned FICM with this stock FICM....my truck starts freakin awesome. It always started great with the ID tuned FICM...but something went wierd with it to cause the truck to have really bad idles when cold. Just started the truck up with outside temp being -6* and it fired right up and idled as if it was 80* out...unbelievable. Now i gotta get this thing sent out this spring for the 58v mod and also get it tuned. One thing i noticed with this stock FICM over the ID one...is the noticable reduction in power, throttle response, and smoke. I've been running the ID tuned FICM for over 3 years and was sooo use to the power and throttle reponse...definitly feeling some power loss. A modded/tuned FICM really does wonders. My truck hardly smokes now running a stock FICM with 190cc injectors.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I am hoping when I get my PHP tune on my FICM, it will wake my truck up some and give me some fuel mileage back.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
im not even surprised! Was the IDP tuned ficm a factory board? even though those things can be reading fine they can still be bad, its awful. Im not even going to waste the time to flash my ficm now and just get a rebuilt unit and have it tuned at the same time.

Good to hear its working well for you!

windrunner408

Reaction score
Wait!! So you are saying that even if a FICM shows 48+ volts it can still be bad?? How is that??

Latest posts

Members online