Fierce attidute my or Goodyear duratrac

Ovalboy20

Reaction score
Not sure about goodyears, never really been keen on them. The fierce attitude have great tread for all around but they throw rocks like crazy, so if you live on a gravel road and don't have mud flaps I would be hesitant to go with them. What prices were you finding both for and what sizes???

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Goodyear. My dad had terrible luck with the Fierce tires on his truck, think he only got 13-15k miles on them with his 250.

I don't see how. Mine have at least 16k and I just measured them today and they were 9/32 in the middle! Just rotate them every oil change.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I don't see how. Mine have at least 16k and I just measured them today and they were 9/32 in the middle! Just rotate them every oil change.

Rotated every oil change (3,000 miles) I did 2 of those. Truck had new ball joints and was aligned less than 1000 miles before the tires were put on. They just didn't last on his truck. Most weight it had on it at that time was a load of fire wood or towing the 25ft boat less than a half dozen times.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Rotated every oil change (3,000 miles) I did 2 of those. Truck had new ball joints and was aligned less than 1000 miles before the tires were put on. They just didn't last on his truck. Most weight it had on it at that time was a load of fire wood or towing the 25ft boat less than a half dozen times.

Man that is weird. Mine have held up great and I put a set on a twin turboed cummins that does nothing but tow and get driven hard and a set on a 800+ hp cummins that have over 20,000 miles on them and everyone loves them. uploadfromtaptalk1394840840582.jpg
^those are mine with over 15k.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Man that is weird. Mine have held up great and I put a set on a twin turboed cummins that does nothing but tow and get driven hard and a set on a 800+ hp cummins that have over 20,000 miles on them and everyone loves them. View attachment 26742
^those are mine with over 15k.

Yeah, his were shot by that point, and were cupped real bad front and rear. Has KM2's on there now and they are holding up great. Few other people around that have 15k+ on the Fierces and they look like yours and they love them. So I have no clue why his were like that

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Yeah, his were shot by that point, and were cupped real bad front and rear. Has KM2's on there now and they are holding up great. Few other people around that have 15k+ on the Fierces and they look like yours and they love them. So I have no clue why his were like that

Weird. I have seen that before in other brands. We sell a ton of wild country xtx's and most people love them and get well over 30k to a set and we had one customer that they were bald at 15k, stock truck that pulled a lawn mower trailer!

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Weird. I have seen that before in other brands. We sell a ton of wild country xtx's and most people love them and get well over 30k to a set and we had one customer that they were bald at 15k, stock truck that pulled a lawn mower trailer!

Yeah, I've seen it with other brands too. Had a set of TSL Radials on an explorer, 3-4k miles they were done, friend of mine put ones with 50% tread on his 84 1500 and got another 10k out of them. Guy at the Goodyear dealer down this way in Eldersburg had told my dad how good of luck people had been having with the Fierces so he decided to try them. He was pretty pissed when they wore out like they did. Friend of mine didn't get too many miles out of his either on a CCLB 350, he towed a good bit more than my dad. But they still didn't last like they should have

Emery19

Reaction score
good years. i have like almost 30k on the set on the ranger. have just under half tread left on them. they're getting a little loud, but the ranger has no sound deadining and it has a loud exhaust so that truck is just noisy as hell. dads got them on his yukon, had them over a year still look brand new. theyre a lot quiter on his truck because its a more sound proofed vehicle. awesome in snow, rain, mud and everything. the ranger has also done some "relatively" heavy twoing for its size ans well in those 30k.

TyCorr

Reaction score
What works on a 6k lb chebby doesnt on a 9klb superduty....pretty simple concept.

My buddy Rich has 60k miles on his procomp ats. Not the.extreme AT but the one with smaller tread. They are worn but he can get another 5k out.of them since the snow is gone.

I have blown through many sets of tires at or below 20k miles. I only run Mickey Thompson.on my heavy fords now. Michelin doesn't have a real good tread pattern but they have worked great on my LMM$ and superduties.

Cooper.are good as well. But most of what I listed are street tirez not all terrain or.mud terrains.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Duratracs.

Best tire I've ever used, hands down.

Sent while swerving into the wrong lane...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Goodyear. My dad had terrible luck with the Fierce tires on his truck, think he only got 13-15k miles on them with his 250.
Ive heard this many many times. The tire dealer I got my duratracs from, who supplies 90% of the surrounding areas, said that 30k miles max on the fierce tires on a super duty. He has sold a ton of them and a ton of duratracs. He said hands down the duratracs should last an easy 50k miles with rotations at every oci as long as they are 5k-6k miles... he said 30k-40k towing nonstop.

I have been around the duratracs since they first came out. We have ran them on many many work trucks and they are by far the best all around tire period..

The fierce dont impress me much at all anyway.. kelly saffari makes a nice tire thats comparable to these two tires.

I already told the op what tires he should check on to save some money...
live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
Ive heard this many many times. The tire dealer I got my duratracs from, who supplies 90% of the surrounding areas, said that 30k miles max on the fierce tires on a super duty. He has sold a ton of them and a ton of duratracs. He said hands down the duratracs should last an easy 50k miles with rotations at every oci as long as they are 5k-6k miles... he said 30k-40k towing nonstop.

I have been around the duratracs since they first came out. We have ran them on many many work trucks and they are by far the best all around tire period..

The fierce dont impress me much at all anyway.. kelly saffari makes a nice tire thats comparable to these two tires.

I already told the op what tires he should check on to save some money...
live life full throttle

Probably gonna go with the duratracs. But in 285 because I like the 285 and there wasn't a huge difference in price b

Reaction score
Had both tires. Ran the duratracs on my old ranger and loved them never had a problem with them.

The fierce are as step up from the duratracs. I have had a set on my 08 f350 for about 15,000 miles and then switched them over to the 12 f350 and I'm still running them with half tread or more. I have just a hair over 20,000 miles on the 12. The fierce tires are the best tires I've ran. Wish they could make them in the size I need for my new rims.

griz700rocket

Reaction score
I have duratracs on my daily driver (99 explorer) and really enjoy them. Quiet for what they are and still impress me when I go offroading.

Latest posts

Members online