Flo pro exhaust to short?

washingtonredneck

Reaction score
Hopefully the get you straightened out. I'm a little frustrated with them called 7/6/15. I was told part was ready, and would ship as soon as I sent pictures and proof of purchase. Now I am told part is not in stock and they have to send it after they manufacture one. I currently have no exhaust on the truck, removed stock before realizing I was missing pieces. No way in hell am I putting that dpf back on.

gawaterfowler

Reaction score
After fooling with it this morning for about a hour I can get it all together but the pieces aren't seated anywhere near the way they should. Heck one section may be slid over the next piece an 1/8 inch and no way should that be the proper way. Phone call will be placed in the morning.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
go to the hardware store and buy a $10 hack-saw, make a cut, and install the exhaust.

you're really going to have the truck sit there for days on end and spend time on the phone over this?

that is how the kit comes. There's a reason it's the cheapest one you could find.

They're not going to send you the magical piece to make it right because none exists.

Do you know anybody with a welder?

gawaterfowler

Reaction score
If you read my post just before yours I got it all connected today so therefore the truck is not just sitting for days on end. And if that's how the kit comes how come people even in this post have stated they made zero cuts and had zero problems putting it in?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I don't know. I've never done a CCSB 5" straight 6.4 without having to make a cut.

I don't really concern myself with how other people install stuff or what they consider "good enough"

I like all pipe connections to have full ID/OD contact to prevent vibration/shifting.

gawaterfowler

Reaction score
I understand different people have different expectations. I also stated they were not seated fully and I did not feel that is acceptable. But when you are 6 hours away from your home and full shop while working it's hard to just magically make time to go get any tools to make cuts. If time permits and that's my only option that's what I'll do to finish the project to my level of quality I desire but before I do so I was asking if others ran into this same problem to make sure I wasn't missing something before I go cutting up what's supposed to be a complete exhaust system for all bed configurations and makes it so I can not return it.

griz700rocket

Reaction score
Installed a 638nb with muffler on my 08 CCSB last night and had to cut one piece down to 10in from 20in. Also had to bend the clamp with hanger built in by the muffler as hung down to far. Other than that everything went together great. Overall very impressed with the kit for the money.

Latest posts