Floor jack? What ya got

Agjake11

Reaction score
Looking to get a new floor jack since my 2 1/4ton doesn't see, like it'll be up to the challenge.

What brand and rating do y'all have? Truck is stock height but wouldn't mind one with a large lift range on it. Think I'll be looking at 3 ton jacks and stands

:ford:

Agjake11

Reaction score
Theres a 3 ton craftsman package with jack, stands, and creeper that's on sale now but I'm just not sure if it's exactly my best option.

It's got a lift range of 5.5"-19.25".

Last edited:

Agjake11

Reaction score
I'm impatient. Gonna check out the professional 4ton speedy jack also today. It's the same price as the kit I mentioned and I really don't need a cheap creeper and the stands at about 30 a pair.

Looks like the 4 ton goes up to 19.75"

Zmann

Reaction score
I have a POS Larin and a Harbor freight one that I found in a dumpster (no chit)

both have been flawless I have had them forever and only had to put now ball bearings in the pivot cups on the Larin because the retention nuts came loose when my neighbor would borrow it and roll it across the asphalt to his house

even the Chinese cant screw up a hydraulic floor jack lol

ps it's nice having two jacks

Agjake11

Reaction score
Looked at harbor and they have decent prices but the jacks didn't have the range the craftsman did.

Think im about to walk out with the 4ton speed lift jack and some 3 ton stands for under 140. The 4 ton stands don't even go as high as the jack will lift so looks like 3 ton it is

Zmann

Reaction score
I didn't measure the range of motion

I just need a jack to get my tires off the ground lol

Agjake11

Reaction score
Found some giftcards in the truck and being a craftsman member it was 100 out of pocket for me to get the jack and set of 3 ton stands and 3 pack of pry bars.

vcassens

Reaction score
I have a napa jack and jack stands they had them on sale and it was a package deal we also used them at a shop I worked at and beat the ever loving chit out of it lifting things way to heavy for the jack and dropping them from the service truck bed to the ground and the never missed a beat

ToMang07

Reaction score
IMO: I would not go less than 5 ton if you are investing in a jack that will last.

Currently, I don't have a floor jack over 2.5 ton, so I use a 12-Ton Bottle jack... (Black Jack from Wally World) and it does great so far.

I also will say that I use the 3-ton jacks on the rear end.... but I don't on the front end. Considering the truck weighs close to 4 tons.... and 3 ton jack stands means 1.5 tons each... The front end of these trucks are damn heavy.

I went overkill and got 12-ton jack stands... they were $90 and tall enough that I can lift the truck at the frame. (Had to to install leaf springs.)

IMO... it's not worth injury or damage to save a few bucks on under rated equipment that *might* work. I had a good friend/co-worker who died last spring when his jeep rolled over on him and crushed him. Just aint worth it.

Latest posts

Members online